Shogun vs. Jackson in December

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Mamba, Aug 25, 2008.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Shogun said today that the he has reached a verbal agreement to meet Rampage in December. It was on sports.yahoo.com's MMA page. I'm @ school in the library, so I'm way too lazy to go and link you guys.

If everything works out, this should be an awesome fight. I'm assuming they'll be throwing it on the NYE card. With the rumor of Penn/GSP off until the Super Bowl card, I wonder how this card will work out. They've got Big Nog and Mir already, and supposedly Shogun and Jackson. Liddell (assuming he gets past Evans) and Forrest? Is that too big of a card?

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

In two of his last three fights (vs. Griffin and Nakamura) Shogun hasn't looked like himself. The fight is compelling but I wonder if it is too soon for him to be facing a former UFC champion.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I thought for sure in Shogun's return he would've been fed someone easier than Jackson.

4. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Big Nog/Mir isn't a draw for casual fans. Griffin's first title defense being on this card makes sense as long as he is up to it.

5. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

With how stacked that lightheavyweight division is, Nobody else is really fighting easy people for tuneups anymore. Every fight in that division is going to be against a rock solid fighter, so I dont see why they would give Shogun an easier opponent. Aside from that, both have lost to Griffin in their most recent fights, so with both coming off of losses to him, they might as well have paired the two together. I think it's an interesting fight, one I would love to see.