NBA Top 50: Andris Biedrins (No. 50)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Legacy, Aug 26, 2008.

1. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Read More

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Biedrins is like a better version of Tyson Chandler. He's got power forward quickness, he can rebound, he plays with heart, he's got a healthy body, and unlike most 17 year olds coming into the league, he played smart for such a young, raw player. Also, he's very professional, consistent, efficient, good fundamentals, and productive. Plus, he set the new trend of getting big men that can actually catch a pass anywhere around the body.

There's not anything really bad I can say about Biedrins. He's going to be awesome day once he fills out. He is a good role player and he has star potential if the team can grow him properly. He is absolutely necessary player to have on this team because without a center we're going to have a hard time competing against a team that does have a strong center.

I wish Biedrins could do more offensively, but he's got everything down but physical strength and then shooting (which is a lot of the game unfortunately, since ballhandling/passing are complimentary to offensive skills). Still, a Tyson Chandler type of player is great to have. I'm willing to bet Biedrins will be a top 10 center at least if he can stay healthy like he is and keep getting stronger. He's got so much hidden talent that I think run n' gun pigeon-holes his real abilities. But... that's Biedrins' and his short range/skinniness for you.