Monta Ellis Out Atleast 3 Months

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by ToddMacCulloch11, Aug 27, 2008.

1. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3556108

2. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Uh oh. This will be during the first month of the season, at least.

Does this mean Marcus has to start? D:

3. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Oh give me a break! Come on!!!

4. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Ugh. Depressing. Will the Warriors ever be able to start a season with everyone healthy?

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Wow, we just got fuggin owned.

I think so. Unless Nellie turns him into Steve Nash I think we'll be SOL with Williams, Jack, Mags, Al, Beans starting.

Are we already in tank mode for Rubio/Griffin/DeRozan/Jennings in the draft? Is Al as good as gone? Does this make Jack more tradeable if we start the season and basically fall out of playoff contention immediately? This really screws our whole season.

Bright side is if we do suck ass we'll have a whole season where hopefully we can play Randolph, Wright, Hendrix, Morrow, Belinelli, extended minutes.

6. Run BJM

Here's TK on Monta's injury:

http://blogs.mercurynews.com/kawaka...eted-ankle-immobilized-for-6-weeks/#more-1349

It'll be interesting to see how the team reacts to this. Is Mullin gonna try to find someone else? Do they like Marcus Williams enough to start him? Will we need another backup? Livingston? Trade Jack or Al? Are we gonna concede defeat and tank hard?

As TK says hteres a conference call this afternoon so that should give us al ittle better idea of what they plan to do.

7. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    I guess you can always find potential silver linings in these type of situations. This obviously gives Marcus Williams an opportunity so there won't be any doubt as to whether or not he is up for the challenge to be starting PG material...he is not forced into this position. Is CJ Watson aboard? We'll need him now more than ever.

This gives more PT to Buike and Bellinelli.

Given that before this situation, there was doubt as far as competing for a playoff spot, we should now be pretty certain we won't be competing. This should open up more trade possibilities for offloading Harrington, Jax(?), Bellinelli, for example, to a) free up cap space b) get talent or draft picks that better suit "the future" and c) to get rid of potential viruses. I wouldn't necessarily "tank" the season, but like what we did when Baron opted out, we should make moves for the future sooner rather than later.

8. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Damn, this sucks ass. We haven't made the playoffs in 14 of 15 seasons. Ellis is a young star with a bright future that might be slightly damaged by this injury. We've always had players that said they will work hard after we gave them money (Foyle, Dunleavy, Murphy, etc.) but none of them did work hard in the offseason. And now when we finally have a guy that is dedicated to the team and makes himself better by working hard in the offseason, gets injured and will miss a lot of the start of the season. This sucks like hell, I thought maybe we could have some sort of shot at the playoffs, but I guess now we're going to be in the lottery in a so called weak draft class. :(

9. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

He just signed a big contract, and it seemed both sides were more than happy. This injury is a shot in the ass. Even when he does come back in December, there's definitely going to be a process where he will need to get back to NBA form. Major suckage, for the Bay Area. I guess the question of whether or not Monta can fill Baron's spot will have to wait a while longer before being answered.

10. Duckmyster

Duckmyster JBB JustBBall Member

I rather have monta shut it down until next season and have him come back 100% healty than have him come back to soon and not let him heal properly. The Warriors shouls use this opportunity to play all the young guys and see who can play and since we are probably going to miss the playoffs draft the best PG available or trade the pick + players for a bonafide starting PG.

11. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

12. Run BJM

Mullin says we're bringing Livingston in for a workout tomorrow and it was planned well before Monta was injured. His chances of actually making the team just went way up but I believe we'd have to cut someone- Watson and Morrow seem like prime candidates but I'm gonna go out on a limb and say if anyone gets dumped it'll be Perovic.

Also forgot to mention, Mully basically said we're rolling with Marcus Williams at PG.

Last edited: Aug 27, 2008
  13. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Terrible luck it seems, I'm sorry to hear this GS fans.

Good luck with the recovery Monta.

14. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Ben Gordon, RFA

15. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

God hates the Warriors.

16. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Ah man. This is the worst time for him to get injured, because he can't adjust himself as a starting pg during the training camp. Without those training camp, I just don't know how he can handle PG duty. Come to think of it, Monta was also injured last year when Nelson tried to make him as a back up PG. Maybe, Monta just isn't destined to be a PG...

17. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

Dammit! We could have exploited them even more!

18. kdub

kdub Cal's best coming to the Swamp!

That is absolutely horrible news. I hope his recovery is full and fast.

19. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

i can't even verbalize the disappointment i'm feeling right now...i hope this doesn't have the potential to be one of those injuries that keeps a player from getting back to full form again.

all i gotta say is, monta better be practicing his fucking free throws for the next four months...i'm expecting 85% when he gets back, minimum. haha

and i agree, the bright side will be that we can give the youngsters some more PT, but it's definitely not worth the trade off...

20. Run BJM

Yeah this makes our plan for the season that much more delicate. I think a lot of people wanted a full rebuild but management/Nellie wanted to stay competitive. Now what? In all likelihood we'll be well out of the playoff race by the time Monta gets back. If we are out of it do we tank it hard, give Wright, Randolph, Beli, Hendrix a ton of minutes and shut down Jack and Mags early? Try to trade Jack/Al?