Ultimate Fighter

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Blaze, May 25, 2006.

1. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

I made a topic about it before. Anyways, if any of you want to catch up on this reality show, the MMA (Mixed Martial Arts) organization has many other organizations. Some are named Pride, K1, and the leading organization within MMA is UFC. UFC has made a reality show named the Ultimate Fighter. Anyways today is an important episode, it's on tonight at 10 E/T on Spike TV.

2. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Ed Hermann beat Danny pretty easily in the first round. Now he's moving on to semis. I'm looking forward to seeing Matt fight next week. Who you got between Gracie and Hughes airblaze?

3. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

I think I'm gonna go with Hughes. Matt Hughes is younger and is better overrall. But I still think Gracie at this age can give Matt a run for his money. It should be one of the most entertaining if not the most UFCs all year. as for matt from the ultimate fighter, I think he'll pretty much crush Mike nickels. Anyways Ed whupped Danny. I felt kinda bad for him, but he was tough. but ed wasn't impressive. he won, but he wasnt impressive. even dana white said he wasn't impressive. you know who looked impressive? tait fletcher in last week's episode. I think Tait should've won. He has excellent defense and is great on the ground. Ed has a chance of winning this whole thing if he tries when he trains. Anyways I like Ed, but if he wins this I hope he fights Rich Franklin so he kicks the sh*t out of his cocky ass. Anyways I'm glad Jesse Forbes got another chance. I think he just made a simple mistake when he lost to Noah. And noah's a pussy he left because his gf who he was dating for only a couple of months thought, THOUGHT he was cheating on him. which is complete bullsh** because none of the fighters are allowed to leave anywhere except to practice, fights, and wherever the coaches take them.

4. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

That Tait/Josh fight should have went another round. I don't see how the judges could have picked a winner that easy like that. Especially seeing as Tait basically dominated the 2nd round and had the win. Yea Ed didn't impress me, but I was sort of happy to see Danny go. I just like seeing people who talk a big game lose and go home. Just like with Solomon, his exit was hillarious. When he's on the ground and is opening up his eyes, the first thing he says is "Who won?" But it could be ring rust with Ed. <div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>And noah's a pussy he left because his gf who he was dating for only a couple of months thought, THOUGHT he was cheating on him. which is complete bullsh** because none of the fighters are allowed to leave anywhere except to practice, fights, and wherever the coaches take them.</div> Agreed, they built it up like it was something serious and it turns out to be crap. He turned down a chance of a lifetime for a fling.

5. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

Yeah, I mean he was even crying about it. Dana White doesn't need crybabies in the UFC. I mean, look at everyone else. Michael Bisping, has a girlfriend and kids, Josh has a son and a wife, and a lot of others have family too. He could have just forgot about her if she would give up on him so easily. I kind of felt bad for Danny though, he was just trying to fit in and he got pressured to talk big. and that back problem he had, i have that all the time, it's like you can't move for about 3 seconds. And he was probably the weakest person there, and the only friend Matt had. Oh well. Matt looks more like a heavyweight, if he gets in to the UFC ever I would like to see him move up to 210 as a Heavyweight.

6. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Well, Gracie lost to Hughes in what was a fight said to be dominated by Hughes. I didn't see it and I'm sort of glad I didn't buy the event. Seems like a disappointment with all the hype.

7. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

Me neither. I read that Matt beat him in the first round and he dominated it. Well, I'm going to be Vegas with my family during July 4th weekend, so I'll try to convince them to stay longer so we can buy tickets for UFC 61. Arlovski vs. Sylvia and Ortiz vs. Shamrock. That'll be a great event.

8. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

Yea I can't wait for that event, they should really try and put Forrest Griffin and Stephan Bonnar 2 on the card, it would fit with the whole event.

9. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (AirBlaze @ May 28 2006, 06:11 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Me neither. I read that Matt beat him in the first round and he dominated it.</div>I just watched the fight today and didn't enjot it.Matt had Gracie on the mat the entire time but Gracie never seems weakened.Matt just threw in a few hard punches at the end of the first round and the ref called it off.Kinda unfair when you consider Gracie gets himself out of all those situations.

10. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

How'd the armbar look? I heard Gracie almost had it broken but never submitted.

11. Heatfan32

Heatfan32 BBW Elite Member

That was probably the best part there.He had him good and Gracie looked like he was just relaxing, you would see his facial expressions and you would think he was enjoying it.I'll try to get some screens up for you guys to see.

12. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

UFC has really changed since Gracie's day. Back in the early UFC days, there were less rules, and the Refs wouldn't stop the fight if the other fighter was on the ground and then all of a sudden the other fighter comes down and landed a few punches on the guy. I guess Gracie wasn't prepared. By the way, I love Big John McCartny [​IMG] you know, he was trained under the Gracies.