Ellis Needs to Rehab More Than His Ankle

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Sep 7, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: InsideBayArea

2. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    You should probably consolidate all these articles you've posted as it's too many places to comment on one topic.

Anyway, I think this whole situation blows. What more can I say?

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

From just reading the title I thought, "oh no, drugs?"

Ellis is young. All is forgiven. I'll miss seeing his pull up midrange shot and his slashing moves, but I'm mainly just excited about watching 4 players right now: Andris Biedrins, Brandan Wright, Marco Belinelli, and Corey Maggette. Oh make that 5. I want to see Anthony Randolph.

Beans because he is a big man who is capable of dominating the glass one day and producing some offense.
    Brandan Wright = good early big man fundamentals.
    Marco Belinelli = could be the prototype shooting guard one day
    Corey Maggette = power guard (an allaround, power/finesse guy who is like a Jrich or a lite talent version of Paul Pierce).
    Anthony Randolph = Could play like a Kevin Durant type of guy or Lamar Odom/Zarko Cabarkapa at full potential

4. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    I echo your sentiments about being excited to see those players. I'm anxious, not excited, to see Marcus Williams. We all know he has skills on offense. The key will be if he can sustain being on the court for 35 - 40 mins.

5. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

It was reported that Marcus Williams is in a lot better shape than he was last year.

Also, about Ellis... he's young so he might recover a lot quickly to actually play this season. But if I'm in the Warriors, I say protect that investment and don't rush him back. Just get him to 100% if that's possible. If he'll never be the same again... damn...

6. kdub

kdub Cal's best coming to the Swamp!

I agree. The Warriors need to take as much as time as possible. No point in rushing him back.

7. Dumpy

Dumpy Yi-ha!!

Part of the problem stems from incidents like what happened to Ron Gant, who was cut by the Braves when he broke his leg in a motorcycle accident. If teams are looking for any excuse to release overpaid/unneded players or reduce their salaries, players will continue to lie out of self-preservation. I think Clint Barmes was forgiven for lying about how he got hurt.