Western Semis: Houston Rockets vs. Memphis Grizzlies

Discussion in 'GM Draft 1' started by DynastYWarrioR6, Sep 17, 2008.

?

Winner?

Poll closed Sep 20, 2008.
  1. Houston Rockets

12 vote(s)
    66.7%
  2. Memphis Grizzlies

6 vote(s)
    33.3%
  1. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Pretty simple, vote for the winner of this matchup. Winner advances to play the winner of the 1/4 series.

Houston Rockets - DynastYWarrioR6
    C: Marcus Camby / Robin Lopez
    PF: Carlos Boozer / Sean Williams
    SF: Rashard Lewis / Andres Nocioni / Jarvis Hayes
    SG: Kyle Korver / Aaron Afflalo / Devin Brown
    PG: Jason Terry / Javaris Crittenton

Memphis Grizzlies - fiElDy
    C: Chris Kaman / Kwame Brown
    PF: Al Harrington / Tyrus Thomas / Amir Johnson
    SF: Linas Kleiza / Bill Walker
    SG: Jason Richardson / JR Giddens
    PG: Chris Paul / Louis Williams / Jamont Gordon

2. DynastYWarrioR6

The Rockets will take advantage of a better starting lineup and a better bench to win this series (again). As great as Chris Paul is, he cannot carry his team to beat 10 deep of my bench. Chris Kaman, as good as he is, can be handled by Marcus Camby combined with the bench effort from Robin Lopez can contain Kaman. Al Harrington is a SF playing the PF position and will be dominated in the paint by Carlos Boozer, who is savvier in the post. Kleiza is purely there for offense, and will not be able to stop Rashard from scoring. Basically, Chris Paul will be playing this entire series by himself.

I feel that my bench is much stronger than the Memphis bench. Nocioni, a proven player in the league, is going to be leading my bench mob. His passion and energy will only headline the kind of activity that my bench will provide. Kwame Brown is not something to worry about, ever. Tyrus Thomas is an energy guy who dunks the ball, but not much more. I think I bring a pretty decent defensive, yet offensive squad off the bench. This couple with my extremely offensive starting lineup, the Grizzlies, who have no D, will not be able to stop my offense.

Again, Chris Paul cannot and will not win a series by himself. I don’t care what he scores, but his teammates won’t be much help.

Sorry if the grammar and syntax doesn't make sense. It's 3:30 and I'm tired.

3. fiElDy

fiElDy Member

My team is going to to run your team off the floor. Your pick n roll defence is horrible and I'm going play it a lot. Camby is going to be in foul trouble from the start and then you have no one who could stop Paul's penetration. Richardson, Kleiza and Harrington have no trouble making three pointers from Paul's kickouts. Louis Williams is going to make like 30 points againts you too. :D I know my defence isn't that good but it certainly isn't horrible like yours. What kind of offence are you even going to play? You have no one who can pass the ball. Not even one pg? please :D I think my team should win this quite easily and it was mind boggling to see what happened in the tie breaker.

4. DynastYWarrioR6

Well, first off, I'd like to point out the fact that you basically confirmed the fact that Chris Paul will be playing by himself. Another thing, what is your definition of a playmaker? Because I only need my team to pass the ball around, and besides that, move without the ball. I don't need the behind the backs or the crazy passes, just the fundamentally sound pass, and for those, I don't need a Chris Paul or a Steve Nash. You say you have shooters, so do I. Camby, in the past year, has done perfectly fine playing Kaman, and has yet to foul out against the kid. When it comes to benches, you say Williams will score 30. Why? Anyone can come in here and say so and so will score "LIKE" 30pts. Don't forget that I have Nocioni on my bench as well. Who has more experience and is more consistent that Williams. Defensively on the bench, Afflalo, Williams, Lopez, and Nocioni are all perfectly capable defenders. More than enough for the likes of Thomas, Kwame, Louis Williams, and whoever else is on your bench (Sorry they are easy to forget). Please, as much as you want to say my defense is bad, yours is atrocious and that trickles from the starting lineup all the way down to your bench. My bench can play D.

The tie breaker wasn't mind boggling, it was the truth.

5. DynastYWarrioR6

In Head to Head matchups:

Kaman only ever scores 10.3ppg whenever he plays against Marcus, which is lower than his average of 15.7ppg in a shortened season for Kaman due to injuries. Foul-wise, Marcus averages 2.3 fouls per game against Kaman, whereas Kaman averages 3.0 fouls per game. Neither of these guys are fouling out. Camby also only averages 2.7 fouls per game against CP3 as well.

Last edited: Sep 17, 2008
  6. kk30

kk30 Member

Both teams have seriously flaws. For Houston- Robin Lopez and Sean Williams as the only back up big men will hurt a lot. They both lack expireince. Boozer will have a huge series and Lewis should have a good series even though i personally think Lewis is soft and hasn't played in too many big games.

Memphis basically doesn't have a bench. J.r Giddens, Bill Walker cmon those guys were second round picks this year. Jamont Jordan was undrafted and is going to Italy. Depth will be a huge issue in a seven game series for Memphis. Though Chris Paul and Jason Richardson will have huge series it probably won't be enough

7. DynastYWarrioR6

I don't see why I can't use Rashard Lewis at PF at times. At moments to spell Boozer. Against PF's like Harrington and Thomas, I don't need a big bruiser or anything.

8. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Harrington and Thomas would get owned by your forwards. Small and Power. Don't forget Noc.

9. DynastYWarrioR6

Yeah thanks for the reminder, I was too tired this morning.

Nocioni will also get minutes at the PF when I go small.

10. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

Grizz have the better backcourt, but both would have to play well over 40 mins/game in order to have a chance to win a series.
    The Rockets have as big if not a bigger advantage at both forward spots and would generate a lot of scoring from these positions.
    the C spot is a bit of a wash IMO as both are solid rebounds with so-so offense.

I like William, Noc and Affalo off the bench more than Kwame, Tyrus and Lou williams

11. DynastYWarrioR6

And they love you!