Here is some good news!

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Petey, Sep 18, 2008.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

Link

The Warriors have ZERO interest in Jamaal Tinsley (or the remainder of his 3 year/21 million dollar contract)!

-Petey

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I would think so considering the Warriors youth movement and the need to start training a point guard right now.

CJ Watson and Marcus Williams will do fine, I'm sure of it. They both couldn't be any worse than Derek Fisher and zero interior prescence from the bigs. Plus, who knows maybe the team will be a bit better defensively if we're playing a bigger lineup. Part of the reason why we failed earlier under Mullin was because we couldn't protect Andris Biedrins from picking up quick fouls. These past few years we've been slightly getting better on our perimeter D which helps out the bigs, but we need to get our front lines tough enough to make the other team want to shoot more rather than drive.

Contesting shots and closing off passing lanes is probably more ideal than constantly trying to reach for steals and go for fastbreak buckets. That's why I'm hoping the bigger lineup will prevent the Warriors from having to poke at the ball so much. It makes more disciplined defensively and we're forced to confront the issue that we have need for inside scorers and halfcourt players.

3. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

Custodianrules2, were they rumors of the Warriors interested in Tinsley? Or did this writer just drop them in to fill space in the article?

-Petey

4. Custodianrules2

I think the Tinsley rumor was a scenario thought up by sports writers, bloggers, and general fans. But some of it can be attributed to Matt Steinmetz exploring other offseason possibilities.

http://www.examiner.com/x-441-Golde...d-whispers-of-trade-talks-with-Indiana-Pacers

If you ask me this Tinsley deal has us losing if we're giving up Harrington. Harrington will give you quality minutes if we use him right. With Tinsley we might not getting many minutes from him at all considering how injury prone he is.

5. Custodianrules2

I'm sure most other rumors are started because of realGM's trade checker and if players look like they are on their way out because of who they drafted or acquired (e.g. TJ Ford + Jarret Jack > Jamaal Tinsley + Travis Diener)

Jack ain't that bad. Might be a Eric Snow type of guy and TJ Ford is like a Speedy Claxton / Rajon Rondo type. Whoever starts, if you get minutes from two true point guards, it's better than an oft injured Tinsley and a subpar athlete who might not hack it at starter because of the quickness/level of physicality. I think Travis Diener is a pretty awesome shooter, but I think he suffers from Dan Dickau's problem of not being fast, quick, or strong enough. Still the two guys better than him that can consistently get to the rim, can't do what he does when it comes to sinking shots. So I respect Diener.

6. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

This team is not going to have a presence inside until Al Harrington is gone, period. Maybe Wright can fill that role in a year or two but he's not ready to be that guy yet on a full-time, starting basis. I wouldn't want to put the team in a box in the future to try to win this year, though, that's not going to happen anyway. Everyone is getting all excited over reports of M. Williams playing well and Biedrins destroying some Euro league scrubs, but I don't think any of that will amount to anything once the NBA season tips off. Write off the year and get the young guys some playing time, that's the best we can hope for this year.

-- Signed, Debbie Downer.

Last edited: Sep 19, 2008
  7. Custodianrules2

I don't think we're going to win this much either, but at least we're not overrated now.

When I mean overrated I meant by our own fans. In the league we're underrated.