Eastern Conference Finals: Toronto Raptors vs. Milwaukee Bucks

Discussion in 'GM Draft 1' started by DynastYWarrioR6, Sep 20, 2008.

?

Winner?

Poll closed Sep 23, 2008.
  1. Toronto Raptors

16 vote(s)
    76.2%
  2. Milwaukee Bucks

5 vote(s)
    23.8%
  1. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Pretty simple, vote for the winner of this matchup. Winner advances to play the winner of the Western Conference Finals.

Toronto Raptors - cpawfan
    C: Eddy Curry / Etan Thomas / Chris Andersen
    PF: Kevin Garnett / Boris Diaw
    SF: Ron Artest / James Jones / Nicolas Batum
    SG: Stephen Jackson / Jerry Stackhouse
    PG: Rodney Stuckey / Jason Williams

Milwaukee Bucks - kk30
    C: Jeff Foster / Andray Blatche
    PF: Amare Stoudemire / Tim Thomas / Josh Powell
    SF: Gerald Wallace / Antoine Wright
    SG: Paul Pierce / Rashad McCants / Willie Green
    PG: Mike Bibby / Sebastian Telfair

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

damn this is a tough call.
    went with Raptors for their slightly better bench.

3. DynastYWarrioR6

I take Toronto because Toronto has a slight lead in the Starters. Both teams have a defensive stopper, but one is more offensively reliable: Ron Artest. Toronto has a better, more consistent and reliable bench.

Better starters and bench make Toronto the winner.

4. kk30

kk30 Member

If kobe and lebron couldn't stop pierce in the playoffs how is Jackson going to stop him? Artest has slipped a little at defense, hes still good but so is Wallace. Wallace is 26 and entering his prime.

How does he have a better bench? Chris anderson played in 5 games last year. Etan Thomas is 30 and is coming back from career threatening heart surgery. Hes not going to be the same player either. Jason Williams is garbage at least he is no where near as good as my back up Telfair. Stackhouse had his worst scoring year of his career last year, hes no where near as good as Mccants or Willie Green.

About his starting lineup, Stucky is a shooting guard. He does not pass first he looks to shoot.

Jackson is the most overated player in the league. One good year he scores over 20 in that run and shoot offense. It was his first year above 20 in his career. He takes 20 shots a game. He shot only 40%. Hes also overated defensively as a guy who just takes chances. His name should be Jamal Crawford JR.

Artest and Jackson playing together? That'll be a mess. But Artest has slipped defensively, he brings bad influence to the locker room and Wallace is just entering his prime while Artest is leaving it. Wallace should win this matchup.

Amare and Kg, this is a good matchup but KG can't dominate offensively like he used to anymore.

Foster vs Curry, I'll take Foster anyday and so would everybody else. Foster plays defense. Curry is a turnover machine. And you have no depth behind Curry. BTW Diaw can't play the four effectively.

5. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

I tried to find some, but I couldn't find an ounce of truth in your post.

Not to mention that you have Artest's and SJax's defensive assignments wrong.

6. DynastYWarrioR6

I wish he mentioned the Wallace comparison and matchup sooner.....I could've stopped reading this nonsense a lot earlier

7. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

After that post I wish I could vote for Toronto twice.

8. pegs

pegs My future wife.

You mean I didn't get to the ECF?? :(

9. kk30

kk30 Member

tell me how what i said was wrong. u havnt made one argument for his team.

10. pegs

pegs My future wife.

Jason Williams started for a championship team.

Sebastian Telfair isn't that good.

11. Kid Chocolate

Kid Chocolate Suspended

Artest is way better defensively than Wallace. Wallace is an average man to man defender. Artest hasn't lost anything defensively.
    Willie Green is trash. He shouldn't even be on an NBA roster. Stackhouse is reliable and has plenty of playoff experience. Telfair and McCants have no playoff experience. Saying Stack is nowhere near as good as them, especially at this stage in the playoffs where experience matters, is "nowhere near" accurate.
    Stuckey is a fine point guard.
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07DET4C.HTM
    He played much more point guard than shooting guard. Second year improvements are usually huge, and Stuckey looks like he'll make a big one after showing up big time as a rookie in the playoffs. Michael Cooper even said Stuckey is his "6th starter".
    Wallace can't stay healthy. HE is one of the more overrated players in the league, not SJax.
    Saying SJax is overrated is laughable. He's underrated. He's a premier perimeter defender and his size allows him not to be bullied. Why do you think his name was in MVP consideration for most of last year? He made that GS team tick. 20 shots a game? Watch the hyperbole.
    How would Wallace win a matchup with Artest. Artest would absolutely physically dominate Wallace. I don't see Wallace scoring much on a defender like Artest, and Artest would just bully the fragile Wallace around.
    Diaw CAN play the four effectively. He's predominantly been playing the four for the Suns. I guess you don't remember when he filled in at the 4 for a full year when Amare went down for the season and had a pretty damn good year? Or last year when he played most of his minutes at the 4?
    http://www.82games.com/0708/07PHO12C.HTM
    Foster rebounds. He's nothing special as a defender. Curry doesn't play defense, but wouldn't have to, guarding Foster.
    I like when talking about his bench you chose to attack his 11th round pick in Chris Andersen as an example. Antoine Wright sucks too ya know. Jason Williams is a perfectly capable backup PG, he gives experience and veteran savvy that Stucky would lack.
    James Jones is also a great bench player.
    Your bench is filled with me-first players.
    Tim Thomas, McCants, Telfair, Green. Bleh. Like aforementioned, Antoine Wright flat out just sucks.

At least try to substantiate your claims.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2008
    zєяσ likes this.
  12. kk30

kk30 Member

Bibby wins the matchup over Stuckey. Hes a year removed from injury and hes been to the playoffs a ton.
    Pierce wins the matchup over Jackson, please don't try to argue that.
    You know what makes me mad, you say Wallace can't make it through a season look at Artest.

7 games 04-05
    56 games 05-06
    70 games 06-07
    57 games 07-08
    Hes not exactley an iron man himself. Artest and Wallace both play hard and fine give Artest the matchup win but let me tell you Wallace isn't going to let Arest dominate him.

Amare vs KG- Amare is much better offensively and always shows up in the playoffs. Garnett is a good defender but still Amare will win this matchup.

Foster vs. Curry- Curry is horrible and a cancer, Ill much rather have a team player and hard worker in Foster. Curry is just a name. Trust me you don't want him on your team.

Telfair is better than Jason Williams. It was three years ago they won that championship. Antonio Walker and Damon Jones were key too and they are horrible players. J- Will doesn't have much left and plays no defense.
    Telfair is learning and played really well last season, hes rising not declining.

I don't see how my bench is bad. Your calling Willie Green a player who shouldn't be in the nba. He started every game for a playoff team and averaged 12 pts a game. Mccants averaged 2 threes a game and had 15 pts a game. Unlike Jackson he shot .45% and not .40%.

Did you see Stackhouse play last year, because you clearly didn't he looked very old and slow.

There are no flaws with my team.

Whats the difference between James Jones and Tim Thomas besides Tim Thomas put of better stats.

Look at the matchups EVERYBODY on my team put up better stats beside than the guy they matchup agaisnt.

This is an outrage

13. cpawfan

Easily the dumbest statement in this entire draft process

Clearly, this draft thing is really important to you, so I'll just edit the vote so you'll win. You've already deluded yourself into believing that you have the best team, so why should the opinions of anyone else matter?

14. kk30

kk30 Member

I haven't seen you make one argument for your team

15. kk30

kk30 Member

make an argument that your starting five is better than my starting five and your bench is better than my bench. All you've done is let KC do the arguing for you. And than you ignore my analyzation and just go to two comments where i may of slipped because I was angry.

16. NJNetz

NJNetz BBW Banned

He doesn't need to. You're making yourself look bad.

17. kk30

kk30 Member

and by the time i made my first comment the vote was 10-1 thats just insane. Everybody was saying how close our team was but its a blow out, the reason is your name is Cpaw people respect u more cause u been here longer than me.

look at the score now 15-4. The freakin 8th seed got more votes than my team, that is why i said this is an outrage

18. cpawfan

I have no desire to get into a bitch-fest with you.

I didn't ignore you analysis, I laughed at it

19. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

So can I tag this thread with "butthurt" now?

lol I voted for Cpaw's team because he makes yours look like complete anus. I mean doesn't it raise a red flag when you think that your team is so sweet...but the other guy has a double-digit lead?

20. cpawfan

It has nothing to do with my name and everything to do with the teams. You've overrated your team all throughout this process and get pissy when anyone says something against your team.

Two people posted and said it was close and the rest felt no need to comment other than their vote. Listen to the vote.