Iverson said he's "set for life" and "obviously... would consider" taking a pay cut

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Petey, Sep 25, 2008.

1. Petey

Petey Super Sized Sexy, The Bulls Fan Killer! Staff Member Administrator

[URL="http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/sep/24/iverson-says-camby-trade-came-as-kind-of-a-shock/]Rocky Mountain News[/URL]

The guy makes 21 million dollars this upcoming season... Whose gonna give a 34 year old a raise on top of that?

-Petey

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  2. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

Re: Iverson said he's "set for life" and "obviously... would consider" taking a pay c

well he probably wouldn't get a raise, even though i bet there are plenty of teams willing to dish out the big bucks to get him. I think hes gonna take a pay cut to go to a contending team, that will still let him do his thing to an extent. I dont think he cares about the money, but he cares about his image, and being on a winning team.

3. DaRizzle

DaRizzle BLAKER

Re: Iverson said he's "set for life" and "obviously... would consider" taking a pay c

linky no worky

Lakers will give him the MLE so he can get his ring

Last edited: Sep 25, 2008
  4. cpawfan

cpawfan Monsters do exist

Fixed it

5. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

With how much damage this guys body has taken throughout the years, I see him deteriorating fast. I'm not sure he will be worth much more than the MLE in a couple years anyways

6. Answer_AI03

Where is your evidence of him deteriorating fast? people have been saying that every year, and it never happens.

7. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

i'm with ya man. they see a small guy getting crashing and banging with the big boys and they assume he's banged up.

i'd love to see AI go back to philly.

8. Answer_AI03

That would be awesome, to have AI with miller, Iggy, and Brand. That would be more than enough to challenge the Celtics for a championship.

9. shookem

shookem Still not a bust

Don't forget about my boy, the Hatian Sensation, Sammy the Bull!

I just don't get to see him play all the much because he's on the west coast.

10. Answer_AI03

haha ya Sammy D is a monster. Ya same here. Whenever hes on though i always make sure i have nothin to do so i can watch the game.

shookem likes this.