2008 A.D. - after Davis

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Sep 28, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: SFGate

2. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I agree with SJAX. Depth is super important (especially at the big positions). Attitude is super important. And I'm sure SJAX must have relayed that defense should be made a bigger priority like it was during the playoff run when guys like Barnes, Jrich, Baron, and the whole team weren't afraid to get dirty. Last season we were soft as hell.

3. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Harrington's response is exactly the reason the Ws need give hand out a fairly harsh punishment to Ellis. "He could have stepped off a curb and broke his ankle"? But he didn't, he was doing something he shouldn't have been doing. I had been in the camp of "don't worry about the punishment, just move forward" but for Al to openly admit to riding jet skis even though he knows he should not is unacceptable. If the players take the rules so casually they will not be able to move forward because they will just be in this situation again.

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

What do you think would be appropriate? Should they discipline Al for admitting he rides jet skies?

5. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

No but only becuase nothing has come of it, at least not publicly. He should definately be called into the principal's office and be told in no uncertain terms that he needs to abide by his contract and he absolutely cannot talk about those types of things to the media. I wouldn't want to suspend Monta beyond the time he's already going to miss because the Ws need him one the court but I would like to see them suspend his pay for the time he misses plus maybe 10 games or so. The organization needs to make it clear that it is not ok to take part in these activities even if they seem to be low risk.