Tim Thomas

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by hoopskidd5, Jun 1, 2006.

1. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

Tim Thomas was interested in joining the Nets after being released by Chicago in the buy out situation that took place several months ago prior to signing with Phoenix. Would you want him to sign with NJ if he was interested in returning to play where he grew up? I think he would fit in well with our team and give us some much needed scoring and size off the bench. I would love to have him on our club assuming he doesnt ask for too much money..

2. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades BBW Member

Way too much money for a guy who's only been successful in one system. Kinda like a Jerome James type of deal all over againWe wanted him on the NEts midseason for 300 grand, not 30 million

3. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

I dont see him getting too much on the free agent market. I would assume it would be part of the MLE..

4. LightsOut

LightsOut BBW Elite Member

Wow, this Tim Thomas is one lucky guy, coming back with the Suns and putting up career numbers. A big pay day should be awaiting him. He's going to end up being another Jerome James, like ace said. Anyways, if he doesn't ask for too much money, I think he would be a nice addition to your team, you guys need all the depth you can get. But of course, the chances of him signing for a low money contract are slim with his recent play in Phoenix.

5. BuLLzDoMaIn

BuLLzDoMaIn BBW Elite Member

i have a feeling hes gonna get an other big contract, i like tim thomas but in the season he is just to lazy.

6. net4life6

net4life6 BBW Member

hes got an ego the size of an ocean he's gonna want the MLE.

7. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BuLLzDoMaIn @ Jun 2 2006, 01:17 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>i have a feeling hes gonna get an other big contract, i like tim thomas but in the season he is just to lazy.</div>hmm

8. SirLaker

SirLaker BBW MOD

i heard on the radio that tim thomas is racist agianst white peoplefunny since hes good because of s white man(cough..steve nash):)btw any truth to him being racist or not??

9. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

If he was racist how could he work so well with Steve Nash and get in the middle of the little fight Nash was having with Kobe and help him out? Thomas said he would take a lot less money to stay in Phoenix because he has plenty of money now and thinks he really fits in there and he wants to win. We'll just have to see how good he is to his word this offseason.

10. valo35

valo35 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (LightsOut @ Jun 1 2006, 09:04 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Wow, this Tim Thomas is one lucky guy, coming back with the Suns and putting up career numbers. A big pay day should be awaiting him. He's going to end up being another Jerome James, like ace said. Anyways, if he doesn't ask for too much money, I think he would be a nice addition to your team, you guys need all the depth you can get. But of course, the chances of him signing for a low money contract are slim with his recent play in Phoenix.</div>I know he put up good numbers with the Suns, but i think you have to take into account the style of play he was in and the players he had around him. That system inflates numbers alot, especially three point shooting percentage. Just look at Joe Johnson who shot 47 percent in that system last year, and shot 35 percent in the Hawks system this year. Teams would be careful not to spend alot on him. That being said, a player like him needs set up men. The Nets, Cavaliers, Suns, and teams like these are perfect for him as they have players on the team that can set him up with nice open looks from the outside. The Nets would most definately be a good spot for him, it would really help to open the driving lanes for Kidd, Carter and Jefferson because of the kick out ability they have with him there. This is what the Nets need in my opinion, a legit three point shooter off the bench, and some muscle inside to go along side Kristic, and i can see this team being a legit finals competitor next year.

11. hoopskidd5

hoopskidd5 BBW Member

Tim Thomas, who helped Phoenix get to the Western Conference finals, may have to look for a new address this summer, but it won't be in New Jersey. The 6'-10" forward told the Arizona Republic that he and his wife have decided against it because it would be "too much" with both being natives of the Garden State. Prior to signing with Phoenix, Thomas had made a number of statements to local media talking about how great it would be to return home.

12. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades BBW Member

Good, the Nets don't play an open run and gun style like the Suns do and I don't think he'd be a good fit cus Frank would not give him minutesPlus, he hasnt shown anything to prove he's worth more than 3 million per year

13. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

I have a feeling that the Suns will give him a new contract for his performance in the playoffs for them. He is a big man capable of shooting the ball, he stretches the defense apart, and he fits well in their system. They will probably hold on to him.

14. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

The Suns only keep him if he takes very little money. I don't see them getting rid of Kurt when Amare asked for him to be there. I don't expect them to trade Marion. No one else would be available to get rid of that gets a good amount of money. There's a good chance Thomas is gone unless he take 1-2 mil. only.

15. ace_o_spades

ace_o_spades BBW Member

The Suns system is perfect for Tim Thomas. He doesn't need to try very hard, he just needs to run every play and get open

16. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

i dont' think he'll be like Jerome James at all. First of all, Isiah Thomas gave James that contract. Secondly, Thomas has been around a while, and people know what he can and can't do. Thirdly, GMs understand that he played well in the playoffs bc his legs were fresh, it was like the beginning of the season for him.