Warriors expected to sign Dan Dickau (or already have)

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Custodianrules2, Oct 1, 2008.

1. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Last edited: Oct 1, 2008
  2. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

My boy Austin Daye can be next?

(He lives here :D)

3. Custodianrules2

That'd be awkward considering we got Anthony Randolph.

4. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

The more the merrier?

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I sense another training camp fodder. But, is this mean Nelson isn't satisfied with Williams/Watson?

6. Custodianrules2

I'm guessing not. I'm hoping if we have to rely on Dickau he'll revert to his New Orleans season where he scored something like 13 ppg and 5 assists in 30 min. Not sure about his %'s, but if he's wide open, he's pretty deadly. So, I'm thinking if they do the pick and roll, it might work with him and Biedrins. Or if they do a variation of the triangle offense, he's basically Derek Fisher. The catch is the Warriors need an offensive big man and shooting guard that can act like a point guard and a power forward that doesn't suck. The last time we had Derek Fisher, we had Foyle who sucks offensively, and Murphy who was a horrible power forward compliment to Foyle. Oh and Biedrins couldn't stay on the floor to save his life with the way he kept collecting fouls (probably the result of being over aggressive, too young, and having a crappy perimeter defensive team to help him out).

I think the undrafted summer camp invites will be dropped. I mean, those guys have potential, but if Dickau can play anything like in New Orleans, he'll be a better investment for a bench player. He's a lot more needed and he's able to play now.

Oh and one more thing a big player that might pull a Michael Redd could be Demarcus Nelson. He's probably got the most potential of the undrafted training camp invites. He's just go to stay healthy for the demo of what he can do.

Last edited: Oct 3, 2008
  7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Dan Dickau is a solid backup, but he's never been able to stay healthy. Apparently the Warriors are holding out for ex-Clipper Shaun Livingston still.

8. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Since Ben Gordon re-signed with the Bulls there's speculation Hinrich could be available again. A slimmer Al Harrington might make him more attractive to deal.

9. Custodianrules2

Harrington for Hinrich would be a steal (2nd team all defense, coach's son, that dribbles, passes, shoots). There's got to be a packaged deal involved, considering Chicago's forward lineup.

I think Barnett would like having Shaun Livingston. The guy can't shoot very far, but he's got some moves, a good basketball IQ, and he can play some D.

10. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Dickau is the worst defender I've ever seen. He's so much of a liability that its not worth playing him.

11. Custodianrules2

Well what do you expect, the guy is short, weaker, and slower than almost everyone he faces out there. But if he's doing something positive on offense, that makes for a good 4th stringer.

12. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Doesn't hurt to bring in all the competition you can at PG during camp. Hopefully that position is a fierce battle every day. Hopefully the competition motivates one of these guys to take their game to the next level. Sometimes a potential star doesn't emerge until someone lights a fire under his a$$.

Or, maybe the Warriors will start Mookie Blaylock at PG this year?

13. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

LOL Mookie Blaylock. Good idea. How about Vonteego Cummings?

14. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Aw, now I'm all depressed thinking about how good I thought Vonteego was going to be.

15. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

Maybe Chris Porter or Jason Caffey can play Point Forward for us?

Bill Curley's got a sick-nasty cross over, too, so he could probably run some point for us....

:lol:

16. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    LOL. I knew this thread would degenerate quickly as much as Marcus Williams' play :devilwink:.

17. Doctor Kajita

Doctor Kajita Active Member

Finance
    Personally, I prefer if we brought back Ronny Seikaly. At least his super model wife would make it to some games, which is probably the best we can muster after HollyBoom's Jessica Alba's and Kate Hudson's will no longer grace us with their presence at the Oracle.

18. 44Thrilla

44Thrilla cuatro cuatro

Dan Dickau's girl is nothing to sneeze at.

[​IMG]

19. Custodianrules2

Oh man that guy better know his team by November. He's not living up to the hype so far in his first few games. But then again numbers might not mean a whole lot. I seem to remember Carlos Arroyo being pretty effective for Utah and he was never a numbers kind of guy. We just need Marcus Williams to be effective rather than be a star. At least Williams didn't take 20 + shots. He's probably concentrating more on feeding the bigs rather than drive and kick to the shooters. Besides drive and kick wouldn't work when your shooters aren't hitting very well out of 15 attempts. Plus, let's say guys like Mags and Wright like to isolate. The minute they put the ball on the floor rather than take the shot off the pass, it destroys the assist. That's why dribble drive offense or running anything derived from the princeton offense probably won't land the point guard many assists. That is totally fine by me since many of the nba champs in recent time didn't have all-star point guards with Jason Kidd or Steve Nash type assist numbers. We just need Williams to play D, hit the set shots, move the ball, run the play sets his coach wants him to run.

20. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

So you're saying he'll fit right in on the Warriors?