Nelson on Nelson, He's Good

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Oct 10, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: TimesHerald

2. Clif25

Clif25 JBB JustBBall Member

I am so happy for Demarcus. I didn't think he had much of a chance when the Warriors added him to the summer league roster. But it looks like he is making a lot of progress as the time has gone on.

3. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

when he dunked all over my high school team as a sophomore, i knew he was gonna make the league one day...i'm rooting for him.

4. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Looks like hes going to get a shot at starting tonight:
    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/11/SP9013F51V.DTL

This PG situation looks pretty crappy right now. I don't think CJ Watson has gotten an assist yet and Marcus Williams is chucking and getting burned on defense constantly. If Nelson's PG skills have come along to the point where he is adequate then I wouldn't be against giving him a shot. Hes really big, plays great defense, gets to the rim fairly well and finishes. All we need is a guy to bring it up, not make mistakes, push the tempo, and get it to Mags/Al/Jack/Wright(?). His defense is a bonus.

5. WarriorFan

WarriorFan Active Member

Not really related except that it was in the bottom of the article- what does Justin Williams have to do to make a team. I was stoked when the Warriors brought him into camp and think he can complete with Turiaf for backup center minutes. He was a dominant rebounder in the D-league. He looked damn good on the Kings. And he's got a body to bang with the big guys in the league, something that no one else on the Warriors can do. He's similar to Barnes before he came to GS. He get opportunities and always seems to impress, but can't keep a job. What was he doing wrong?

6. jason bourne

jason bourne JBB JustBBall Member

Law enforcement
    Finally, some good news. Go Nelson, but who do we cut? Not Hendrix I hope. I rather cut a backup PG like Marcus Williams.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Kurz?

He was a long shot from day 1. We might think to use a 3rd string center/forward, but I think we could make do with Biedrins/Turiaf/Harrington all year long. At PF we just use Harrington/Wright/Turiaf/Randolph.