MLB Giants Mailbag: Should Giants trade Wilson?

Discussion in 'San Francisco Giants' started by Charles, Oct 11, 2008.

1. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

http://mlb.mlb.com/news/article.jsp?ymd=20081006&content_id=3598829&vkey=news_sf&fext=.jsp&c_id=sf&partnerId=rss_sf

Also has questions on Burriss, Cain, and Sabathia and Teixeira.

I have to disagree with Dan. Hinshaw came up with a lot of hype and showed some great potential, but shortly after showed some flaws. Romo worked well late in the season as a set up guy, so why tinker with that? Wilson still has some questions himself, but we have been waiting too long to see a real shut down type of closer on this team. I'm still hurting from the Armando Balk game against the Mets, and that's not something I want to deal with from my team's closer. Wilson made the all-star team in his first full year in the role. Let him do his thing. He's getting better, not worse.

2. drexlersdad

drexlersdad SABAS

we need to trade everyone over 30 for some goddamn talent for our farm systems. randy wynn, molina, aurielia, etc. we should have traded bonds a few years ago. and dont even get me started on the zito fiasco.

3. Charles

Charles Buster Posey Fan

I agree with you on trading Molina and Winn, but don't underestimate the farm system. It has been completely overhauled and is probably one of the top ten farm systems now. That's another reason to not trade Wilson, who is only 26.

And Aurilia won't get you anything in a trade.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2008