So you think you are a hard core Warrior fan?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by HiRez, Oct 14, 2008.

1. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Who will be getting up at 5am to watch them play a preseason game against the Bucks? I assume that's the game they are playing in China?

2. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

5 AM isn't too bad. I woke up at 2 AM to watch the MLB All-Star game in Tanzania.

3. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

will it be televised??

hmmm...i might just record it and watch it when i wake up hahaha

4. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Hey, check it out, it looks like ESPN is actually going to show it! However, it's not showing up in my TiVo guide, not for ESPN, ESPN2, or ESPN HD. So I dunno if it'll actually be on or not. I'll set the TiVo just in case. I wonder if they scheduled this game back when Yi Jianlian was on the Bucks, probably expected a huge audience.

EDIT: Hmm, according to ESPN's page, it's only on ESPN Classic or ESPN 360 (which is their online only thing, I think).

EDIT 2: Checked out ESPN Classic on the TiVo (channel 407 on Comcast digital cable), sure enough it is there, so I guess that's it. I wonder if it's on The Ocho HD.

Last edited: Oct 14, 2008
  5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I need to get a fuggin slingbox or something before the regular season. No godamn CSN down here in Santa Cruz (at least not on campus).

6. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Yeah, Slingbox rocks BJM (no I just need the iPhone viewer for it, which supposedly they are working on).

Anyway, watched most of the game (while working) and it looked really sloppy. Lots of bad passes, poor shot selection, and ugly self-inflicted turnovers. The guys seemed unfocused, out of shape, and at times just lazy. Nellie looked bored and/or hung over the entire game. Only ones who looked sharp were Azubuike and Maggette, the rest of the team looked far away from being in regular season game shape. Turiaf had some nice blocks inside but made some mistakes too. Wright looked better in the second half than the first, had a few nice mid jumpers and a sweet dunk off the break but again looked lost much of the time and not aggressive enough. I didn't see Hendrix get a lot of time but he didn't do much while he was in there. With all the outside shots and long rebounds he wasn't really close to any action at all that I could see. Randolph looked absolutely terrible, he's really going to have to get his turnovers under control and occasionally look to pass if he wants to succeed. Watson saw a lot of time at PG and played decently but was not really very inspiring. Belinelli was an invisible non-factor. Kurz was strong on the boards but offensively too much of a liability, I think he will be gone soon. DeMarcus Nelson looked decent, I think he will be sticking around.

But, it is preseason with a lot of rooks and guys who haven't played together. I think jet lag from flying to China was (understandably) a problem for both teams, because the Bucks looked pretty bad too. Plus, the Warriors didn't play 3 of their 4 best players, Biedrins and SJax again sat out the whole game and obviously Monta is missing. So, all in all nothing really revealing in this game, I think I need to see a few more games to really see what we have.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2008