Derrick Rose

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by Vintage, Oct 21, 2008.

1. Vintage

Vintage Defeating Communism...

Derrick. Fucking. Rose.

That is all.

2. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I was going to make a similar thread....strangely enough.

Dude was a fucking stud tonight. After watching him play, I don't really question taking him over Beasley. He was absolutely dynamite. I don't know if I saw a Maverick player able to say in front of him. He is just SO ridiculously quick, it's nuts. To say the least though, he was impressive tonight, and if isn't the starting PG come opening night, something is wrong.

3. isrus

isrus Go Devils

I didn't see the game but 30 pts and 7 assists is pretty damn impressive for any player.

4. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

We need to get Rose/Gordon in as the starters. I think the two need each other, and were destined for each other. Thomas will never be a real scoring option, but at least now he looks like he can contribute. Gooden, is even with Thomas scoring wise. Luol Deng has proved that he isn't a first option, probably not a second option.

I think Gordon will allow Rose to have more big games like this more often, since he will be able to stretch the defense and open up the middle for Rose. On the flipside, Rose will open up opportunities for more big games from Gordon, because he will be able to draw defenders away from Gordon, opening Gordon up for wide open shots.

I'm not sure if he is the best player on the Bulls yet, because Gordon is still pretty damn good...but at the very least, he is the 2nd best player on our team behind Gordon, possibly the best...which is sad, since we just gave $80 million to a guy who can't step up.

5. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'm not gonna say he's the second best player on this team yet because I haven't seen him play 35 minutes against starters, nor have I seen if he can put up good numbers consistently. Until then, I can't call him the 2nd best player on the team. After tonight though, I don't think there's any question as to whether or not he CAN be the guy for us, because he was absolutely phenomenal tonight.

6. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

A rookie putting up 30 points and 7 assists in the NBA is the shit. I mean, after 6 NBA games, he's putting up numbers that veteran superstars are expected to put up. We could use Gordon for sure because he will damn sure get a ton of open looks with D Rose's passing talent (lots of threes and mid range jumpers). Not only can we use Gordon, but we could also use Deng and Hinrich, they are struggling (Hinrich to the greater extreme). They have the talent, but aren't performing to its level. If I were Vinny Del Negro, I would make Deng and Hinrich do nothing but shooting during the team practices. Well...Hinrich for the most part. But on another note, I probably would incorporate some slash training for Deng, but keep the practices focus mainly on jump shooting. We'd be extremely scary if Deng and Hinrich were consistent jump shooters.

I don't mention Larry Hughes because he's old news. Maybe he'll play a bit better as the season goes on.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2008
  7. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

If someone could post a video of all his points...cause I can only see what ESPN has....

but from the statline itself he looked like he had a great game.

8. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Found this on YouTube.

http://au.youtube.com/watch?v=JM2Iel1pM9A

I think its nearly all his points.

That go ahead bucket was sweet, I can't believe he pulled it off.

I like his never die attitude in this game.

9. DynastYWarrioR6

DynastYWarrioR6 JBB SmurfY

Thanks for the video!

That last bucket was tough to make....my lord.

10. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    I'm willing to say he's the best. He strapped the rest of this team to his back and carried them to victory.

11. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Is that a Bulls' guard dunking and making layups in traffic?

12. MJordan

That's a Bulls Point Guard doing that stuff :cheers: .

Derrick Rose is slashing like DENG should and could be. Even Kirk Hinrich could be doing that with a bit more practice.

Don't tell me Deng can't do it. He has a big body and a seriously soft touch near the rim. He can dunk on people aswell:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLajKJiE4JI&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/oLajKJiE4JI&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*Deng should be doing stuff like this until he has his jumpshot mastered again.

And this is the real Kirk Hinrich. With a bit more practice he could be getting to the rim like this again on a more consistent basis:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLKMO6P4qk&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/iFLKMO6P4qk&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

*No one can tell me that Kirk can't play or get to the rim given the effort. He should be doing this until his jumpshot is mastered again.

With D Rose, they would get plenty of opportunities like those to do that.

This team is capable of being scary, but not the way we are playing as a whole right now :tsktsk:

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008
  13. Answer_AI03

Answer_AI03 JBB JustBBall Member

No way can Deng or Hinrich do what Rose can. He is just so much more gifted athletically. Rose is going to be one to watch, all he needs is that jumper down.

14. MJordan

I said that Deng and Hinrich could slash effectively just like Rose. If you look at the videos that I have provided both up there and here you will see examples of each player getting to the hole.

Rose is a great rookie as I have said, but I have watched both Deng and Hinrich enough to know what they are capable of, but are just not doing right now. :devilwink:

Edit:

More Deng jump shooting and getting to the rim:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/axqPgOkoEE4&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/axqPgOkoEE4&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

And check out 1:27 secs for Kirk getting to the rim (he could do that more often)...actually check out the whole thing. This is the Kirk Hinrich that we Bulls fans know and are waiting to come back out so he can maximize his game. Kirk could be a great player:

<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOCb7Y5gibE&hl=en&fs=1"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/QOCb7Y5gibE&hl=en&fs=1" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

BTW, it's not always about being the better "athlete." Sure, it helps to be the better athlete like Rose is...but if Rose doesn't know how to play like an athlete then it is useless. Look at Larry Bird and Magic. They weren't the most athletically gifted, but they played like athletes and are Hall of Fame players.

Kirk and Deng happen to be more athletically gifted then both of those guys, but they just aren't playing like they are.

Last edited: Oct 22, 2008