Watson Out Indefinitely

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Oct 24, 2008.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2008/10/24/SPMV13NGFB.DTL

2. HiRez

HiRez Overlord

Fortunately, we have so many outstanding point guards it's not really important. I mean, we have Baron, and then Monta backing him up, and then Marcus Williams coming in who should be amazing and then...oh wait, never mind.

Sooooo...what's THud up to? Busy?

3. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

Oi... Where is Hardaway? I will take either Tim or Penny. Mr. Jennings? A. Johnson? R. Northridge? Cabbage? Mookie? Price? Bimbo? Armstrong? Rowell, do you remember when you vetoed Davis or Livingston's two years contract? It's getting sweeter and sweeter by moment, don't you think?

It's just amazing that M. Williams may actually play back up PG minutes despite what he did during the preseason. I guess the only thing that matter is whether we will waive both Morrow and Kurtz to create a roster spot to sign a random PG. Or do I have to feel sad that Watson's injury actually became a big news?

Last edited: Oct 24, 2008
  4. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Watson isn't guaranteed right? They could just waive him, but that'd be kind of messed up.

I would drop Kurz. He's got no experience. Also, I'm all about removing any competitors to Brandan Wright/Turiaf/Richard Hendrix (shooting range be damned!)

Now, I'm not sure what international teams are offering current nba players, but I'd like to see us get a very good ballhandler (first and foremost), then a shooter. The reason being is I think we have enough good shooters, we just need somebody who can handle the ball and not get bothered by pressure.

I noticed Brandan Heath does not have a team. He'll probably come with his share of flaws (more of a scorer, then a defender or passer, is also a streak shooter). But the upside is he's an above average athlete, he can score in many ways (shooting midrange shots off the dribble, going inside through traffic, hitting outside, and he can get others involved as well as Monta Ellis - 3-5 assist a game potential). He's also a good ball-handler, but not an accurate passer or great defender. He's quicker than he is athletic. He's a good personality type. He's not very consistent at nba 3 point range and he has been used to taking a lot of shots.

5. Kwan1031

Kwan1031 JBB JustBBall Member

I am not sure whether we can just waive him or not. But, I think Warriors will have to provide some sort of medical benefit to Watson, since he injured himself during the 'work', and sometimes, you can't waive the player until he is healed. But in this case, Watson is not gone for a season, and he is not getting a surgery. So, I expect him to be back within a month. If that's the case, Warriors may elect to keep Watson and bite the bullet until he returns. Also, Warriors may choose to waive both Morrow and Kurtz to make a room for an emergency PG until Watson returns...

6. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Right. It wouldn't be cool anyway to waive him. He's got good potential. I'd say waive Kurtz and go for some of the players that were recently waived by other nba teams.