Starting Point Guard Stephen Jackson?

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by Shapecity, Oct 25, 2008.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: SJ Mercury News

2. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

I like what I see form DeMarcus. I think its obvious he should be and will be the starter.

WTF is up with Marcus Williams though? I keep getting this feeling that Beli is going to end up being our "backup PG" off the bench and Marcus isn't going to get much burn.

3. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

I've got no clue why Marcus Williams has been doing so poorly. I have buyer's remorse now.

The warriors should start looking in case we need that extra guard. I doubt Nelson will use many forwards or centers outside of Biedrins and maybe Wright/Randolph.

4. Legacy

Legacy Beast

You don't think he'll use Turiaf?

5. Run BJM

Run BJM Heavy lies the crown. Staff Member Global Moderator

Hes been raving about Turiaf's passing. He also said they'll go through Beans a lot more this year so maybe that applies to Turiaf as well.

You guys know much about DJ Strawberry? I was never a big fan of his at Maryland but he was getting a lot of praise as a good combo guard in Phoenix and now hes been waived by the Rockets.

6. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

He's not worth pursuing. I think the Warriors should give Mike Harris a workout.

7. Custodianrules2

Custodianrules2 Cohan + Rowell = Suck

Hey Shape, what about the San Diego State combo guard that the Lakers just released? Heath.

Also, I think Sjax would struggle at point guard. He needs to be used as a secondary ballhandler not a primary one. They just need a guy who can bring the ball up and then they dump it to Jax who can post up on shooting guards or run some sort of motion offense. But the catch is the other 4 guys need to be moving rather than standing around waiting. They need to move off the ball but in a way that is coordinated and spaces the floor properly.