Suspended Warriors' Ellis speaks on moped issue

Discussion in 'Golden State Warriors' started by AlleyOop, Oct 27, 2008.

1. AlleyOop

AlleyOop JBB JustBBall Member

http://sports.espn.go.com/nba/news/story?id=3667938

Well, that was long overdue. Not that I feel entitled to an explanation. I guess it's just I've loved watching this kid so damn much, rooting for him as an unknown youngster rising into a star. Perhaps what's been most endearing about Monta to GS fans is is humble attitude, and so it was all the more tough to watch him blunder this new opportunity with the injury.

Apparently there was some talk that the reason his statement was delayed was because he and his agent were still considering how to contest the suspension. I dunno. But personally I've been waiting for him to say SOMETHING for himself. Now that he's finally said it, it's interesting. I really appreciate how he talks about his sense of responsibility and connection to the community here in the Bay Area. However, it's definitely telling that he disagrees with "their" (meaning ownership) actions regarding the suspension.

It is a harsh suspension. Personally I thought he needed a stiff penalty. However, I think that it should have been signed off by Mullin & Nelson. The fact that they disagreed, and yet Cohan/Rowell went ahead with it is awkward. It says to me that they just wanted to save some cash. Which sounds pretty typical if you have followed Cohan / Rowell. I don't trust those guys.

Well, I'm glad Monta has finally stepped up and finally said something for himself, even if it wasn't a clear apology to the fans.

2. xplicitjc

xplicitjc cold as a hooker's heart

better than nothing, but it sounds like a run of the mill emotionless agent-written statement that every athlete comes with after they fuck up.