Chicago Bulls vs Memphis Grizzlies

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by MJordan, Nov 1, 2008.

1. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

After screaming at the television screen and cussing our heads off at the Bulls Bullshit performance against the Celtics (atleast I was and am not ashamed to admit it!), we return home to face OJ Mayo and the Memphis Grizzlies. Memphis: not considered one of the elite teams of this league one would think that this is an automatic win for the our Chicago Bulls to give us a well off 2 and 1 record. But lets not get our hopes up because we actually have a good chance of losing this seemingly "easy" match up. Seeing how poorly our offense is executed, how unhelpful our defense is and seeing how our overall lack of defensive hustle is contagious throughout and thoroughly through our team: we may just get smacked around and beat down :morningtime: . Can we bounce back and regain some status as a half way decent team? maybe.

If we are going to win then we will need to do some of this :hoops: SCORING...and significantly more than 30 percent of the time. :cheers:

Tune in at NBA.com to listen to the game live..or if we are lucky we can get a live streaming of the game in this thread.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  2. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

I'd like to see ball movement and plain hustle on the defensive end.

I'd also like Thomas not to take so many shots.

Grizzlies just beat Orlando last night with a game winner by Gay, I'm sure they're still going to be on a high.

3. MJordan

^ Definitely.

The Grizzlies made a statement by beating the Magic, they are definitely going to come out with fire so that they can give us a taste. Our ball movement is very jerky, awkward, and (lets face it) STUPID thus far...some of things we do with the ball make NO sense. If we don't fix this problem soon then we will completely lose our face in the East.

Last edited: Nov 1, 2008
  4. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

I think Gordon and Rose will have good offensive games tonight. Gordon/Hinrich will probably do a good job guarding Mayo, but I expect Rudy Gay to completely eat up Luol Deng.

Still, we have to win this game. If we want to be a good team, we have to be winning games against presumably non-playoff teams at home.

5. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Rudy Gay is starting to look like an absolute stud. He'll likely kill Deng, the guy can physically dominate Deng.

I have a feeling Mayo will try to show up Rose, he seems like the type that will try to raise his game and make a statement to everyone else that his better than the #1 pick. It will be interesting to see if they have to guard each other.

6. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Rose will be on Conley and Gordon on Mayo.

Rudy Gay was #2 on my draft board in 2006, behind LaMarcus Aldrdige. I wish we took Rudy Gay. He's just amazing. He's better than Brandon Roy as well. Rockets are probably kicking themselves for trading Gay to the Grizzlies.

7. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

I remember in that draft I considered the idea of picking up Gay and trading Deng, but people were still very high on Deng at the time.

I wouldn't say that Gay is better than Roy at the moment. Roy is already an all-star, but theres no doubt by the end of this season or next that Gay would be considered better.

If i'm the rockets, I still do the trade, the Rockets are made to win now, how long can they wait until they contend? I don't think Gay would have developed as quick offensively if he were in the Rockets, going to a team like the Grizzlies allows him to develop that side.

8. MJordan

The Bulls are taking slightly smarter shots this game: an improvement. Nice 3 by Kirk, we will see if the Bulls keep some sort of momentum.

dtay likes this.
  9. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Is there a link for a stream?

10. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

I couldn't find a link.

I don't really get the guard pairings. It should be Rose/Gordon and Hinrich/Sefolosha. Hinrich dominates the ball, so why not give him a guard pairing where he can do that, while not taking away the effect of other players like Rose/Gordon?

11. MJordan

Kirk is on fire...playing like the Kirk we know right now....and I am using the trial broadband league pass on nba.com, sign up for it.

12. MJordan

Bulls starting to struggle a bit now - . -

13. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Whats happening with Rose? He's scoring, but is he getting others involved or what? Only 1 assist....

14. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Is Kirk Hinrich injured?

No reason to not have Hinrich/Gordon out there right now. Luol Deng at shooting guard is horrible. He can't shoot, and he can't defend the position.

15. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Derrick Rose is looking to score more. Ben Gordon played point guard about 2/3 of the time he was on the court, taking over that role both away from Hinrich and Rose. Gordon created for other players, but for some reason, guy's always miss their shots off of a Gordon pass. And Gooden/Noah couldn't handle some nice looks from Gordon as well.

16. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

I really hope that Paxson is putting in some phone calls for Eddy Curry. These bigs are pathetic. We need a big man that can just catch and dunk for Rose/Gordon to dish it into. Curry can do that.

17. MJordan

They need to get Kirk back in the game because the Bulls overall shooting looks extremely similar to last night right now. We started off OK then we simmered WAY off.

Grizzlies are making us look like scrubs.

18. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Tyrus Freaking Thomas....so many blocks. I think the box score is undercutting him a bunch.

Rose is awesomely scoringness.

19. MJordan

Steal by Thabo Sefo breaks to Deng for an easy dunk...good ball movement..60 - 57 Bulls lead...The Bulls need to run, the Bulls are at their best when running.

20. MJordan

Nice HUSTLE defense by the Bulls to force the missed fastbreak...Darko almost posterized by DROSE