Chicago Bulls vs Orlando Magic

Discussion in 'Chicago Bulls' started by MJordan, Nov 3, 2008.

1. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

After a win back at home against the Grizzlies after a repulsive loss to the Boston Celtics, the Chicago Bulls prepare to face the Dwight Howard and the Orlando Magic at the Amway Arena in Orlando. Despite getting the win against the Memphis Grizzlies and the Grizzlies pulling one over the Magic, our offensive consistency will have to be greater than it was against the Grizzlies. Our Defensive and Offensive hustle will have to be much more solid as well because Dwight Howard will definitely be after the lose balls as well as the rest of their tall rather tall line up.

Keep Dwight out of the lane and on the line and tightly guard Shard, Hedo and Jameer and we should be able to pull off the win...But we have got to SCORE more easily and play smart; the Magic will come out really hot and ready to win their second game of the season with style :pimp: (even though the pink hat ain't stylin).

Listen live at NBA.com or sign up for the trial NBA broadband..or perhaps we can get a stream in this thread so discussion can go faster.

2. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

stream?

3. bullshooter

bullshooter Active Member

NBA lp is free for the rest of the week if you sign up, but the framerate sucks, except for the commercials...

4. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

5. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Derrick Rose: Dwight Howard, you can't block me, you only can goaltend me!

6. bullshooter

That half could have been a lot worse.

7. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    I sometimes have the sense other players don't want to share the ball with Rose

8. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Since Derrick Rose is sucking this half, we should go to the time tested method of Ben Gordon jacking up a bunch of shots until we're somehow back in the game.

9. bullshooter

That's pretty much what they did. But that only works until about 2 minutes left in the game. Maybe tonights different.

10. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

COME ON BULLS
    Rose with the impossible shot and Gordon brings it down to 1
    COME ON!!!1

11. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Wtf gordon?!?!??!?!

12. MikeDC

MikeDC Member

Professor
    Man... I can't believe we drafted Derrick Rose to go stand in the fucking corner all night while Kirk and Ben dribble the ball around.

13. bullshooter

Nice comeback in a game they really had no business being in. 2-5 from the free throw line killed them in the last 2 minutes.

14. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

Yeah I don't know what is up with that. Why aren't people cutting and setting backdoor screens. Those offensive sequences gained nothing.

15. bullshooter

They're not playing off of each other very well yet. It's what killed them last year.

16. MJordan

MJordan JBB JustBBall Member

Luol Deng went 0 for 8 from the field...we could have won this game if he would have got 2! baskets >_>....he's being paid near 80 million in this his new contract and he's playing like shit....I didn't get a chance to see the game...but looking at the stats, Luol should have really stepped up...this loss is absolutely unbelievable.

17. dtay

dtay formely NaKz

I saw half the game and I thought Deng's defense was good.

How long is it going to take before this team can play off each other well. I think we have a good chance to make the playoffs if this team can work together.

Its promising that overall the defense was good except at times we let them get big leads.

18. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

It was nice seeing Rose and Gordon at the end of the game. They made some nice plays, but didn't put enough of them together down the stretch to pull it out. But the nice thing about those two, was that it was nice seeing the opposing team have to show respect to two of our offensive players.

In the 2nd half, they were doubling Gordon/Rose everytime they touched the ball. Rose didn't handle the doubles particularly, thus his bad 2nd half.

Gordon did a lot of nice things passing the ball, but no one ever hits shots off of his passes. Rose was pretty non-existent passing wise today, but then again, when he had the ball, it's not like there was a ton of places to pass to, to be fair to Rose.

I think we need to downsize this team. Take Derrick Rose, Ben Gordon, Luol Deng, Andres Nocioni, and Drew Gooden, call them the core for now. Get in role players. Defensive big men, wings that can hit threes, and a solid backup point guard, while clearing away capspace for free agency, and get your big man through free agency. Thomas/Noah aren't going to pan out in all likelhood, so I think we should begin looking at another route to acquire another big man other than Asik.