World Cup 2006

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by ASUFan22, Jun 9, 2006.

1. ASUFan22

ASUFan22 BBW Global Mod Team

I was too upset that there wasn't a thread already that I didn't make one earlier. Germany beat Costa Rica 4-2 and Ecuador beat Poland 2-0. They were fun games to watch. This is the only time I ever watch soccer. If you are not a fan stay out. :bat:

2. YugoRocketsFan

YugoRocketsFan BBW Member

Napred Plavi! Srbija!

3. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

Go Iran, lol...

4. Nemesis

Nemesis BBW Elite Member

The Germany-Costa Rica game was a good one. I just got done watching England-Paraguay. England won 1-0, can't wait till tomorrow when Serbia plays Holland.

5. ASUFan22

I didn't want to wake up at 6 to watch the England game so I missed that. Hey Zards, I'm expecting a US-Iran Finals match-up! lol

6. Pistonfan11

Pistonfan11 BBW Elite Member

I am suprised to be so intrested in the Cup as it has began. Before I never thought I would watch it, but now I think I will follow the U.S. National team.

7. ASUFan22

Trinidad tied Sweden I think. That's big for them since their team is terrible. Argentina is the next game today.

8. jhowardfan

jhowardfan BBW Elite Member

that was big a 0-0 tie, that was real impressive to me.Argentina will play the Ivory Coast today. I think Argentina will win 2-1.

9. Opal

Opal Active Member

The amazing thing about the T & T/Sweeden tie was that the whole second half T & T had only 10 players. Also, their back up goalie was playing and he did an amazing job.

10. ASUFan22

Good prediction jhowardfan. Ivory Coast had so many chances to tie but they just didn't take advantage. Iran plays tommorow!!!

11. jhowardfan

Oh snap, Mexico vs. IranI have to say Mexico wins this one 2-0, gotta go for my country.

12. ASUFan22

Yeah, Mexico should win pretty easy. When I watched Iran play when I was in Iran they really played bad. I think they will get 1 win and finish 3rd in the group. It should be a good game anyway.I'm really looking forward to watching the US and their first ever good, high-ranked team.

13. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

Im not a hge fan of soccer but ill be following the world cup and probably watch a few games. I really want to watch Brazil play because Ive never seen Ronaldhino play before.

14. The Force

The Force BBW Member

Trinidad tied with Sweden. That was huge! The crown has going crazy! Sweden had a lot of chances, and it looked like they had the ball the whole game, but the defense of Trinidad inside the box just saved them. Kelvin Something Trinidad's good goalie got hurt and that was huge, but Haslip(I think that's his name back-up goalie) had experience before and came up huge!Argentina beat Cote d'ivoire 2-1. Saw that game.England beat Paraguay 1-0 buy an own goal curtisy of Beckham because he was the one that kicked the free kick.First time I watch 3 sccoer games in 1 day. That's what the World Cup makes you do_Oh and Go Brazil!!

15. jhowardfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (iversonfan268 @ Jun 10 2006, 04:37 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Im not a hge fan of soccer but ill be following the world cup and probably watch a few games. I really want to watch Brazil play because Ive never seen Ronaldhino play before.</div>Well, then youve missed out on a lot of Ronaldinho plays. But not to worry, this is the worlds biggest stage, so hes bound to come up with something.

16. Zards

Zards The People's Champ

I'm going to watch the Iran-Mexico game tommorow with my uncle. IRAN WITH THE UPSET! YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!!! Lol...I dont really know whats going on at all right now, I'm just rootin' for the home country.

17. LAZY

LAZY BBW Elite Member

18. iversonfan268

iversonfan268 BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jhowardfan @ Jun 10 2006, 07:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Well, then youve missed out on a lot of Ronaldinho plays. But not to worry, this is the worlds biggest stage, so hes bound to come up with something.</div>Well Ive seen clips and mixes of him on youtube but ive just never actually watched barzil play

19. jhowardfan

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Zards @ Jun 10 2006, 11:36 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I'm going to watch the Iran-Mexico game tommorow with my uncle. IRAN WITH THE UPSET! YOU HEARD IT FROM ME FIRST!!! Lol...I dont really know whats going on at all right now, I'm just rootin' for the home country.</div>Upset? lol We came and thouroughly whupped Iran. lol My boy Omar Bravo came through with them two goals. And Zinha scored on that beautiful header to make it 3-1.I gotta give props to Oswaldo though, for coming back despite his fathers death to play for us in this game. R.I.P.

20. pistonz4life

pistonz4life BBW Elite Member

I don't watch soccer until the World Cup either. The games are fun to watch and I will damn sure be rooting for the U.S tommorow.