Since some people are looking at the FA lists...

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by LSUpackfan, Dec 23, 2003.

1. LSUpackfan

LSUpackfan nfl-*****s member

this is something fun I've been a part of on other boards...

since everyone is looking at bigtime FAs, try to think of the last time a bigtime FA scored big for his team...not including guys that were released and then signed (R. Harrison) or guys that were signed to relatively minor deals and then struck it big (Priest). An example would be Reggie White. So the question is

What big time FA scored big money and made a big time long term impact on his new team?

Some that have were Reggie, Spikes looks good this year, Troy Vincent was pretty good...

A bad one was Alvin Harper...get the drift?

2. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

Its early to say whether he will have a long term positive impact, but Stephen Davis has had an amazing short term impact for the Panthers

3. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

huuuuuuuuugh had a bad year

i think jake the snake is having a good year, umm shawn barber def. is all pro,

4. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

All 3 of our KC guys (McCleon, Barber, Holliday) have had at least some impact. Hopefully a free agent (or 10) and a 1st rounder spent on defense this year will get us where we need to go. My opinion is that we need at least one "shutdown" CB. We need another good starting LB (preferably Middle) and overall depth at the linebacker position. On the offensive side of the ball, a WR would be a nice Christmas gift!

5. LSUpackfan

LSUpackfan nfl-*****s member

Vonnie?? I've heard he's been a disappointment...any comments? I agree, Barber has been good, but not really someone I would consider an "elite" FA, same with Holliday and McCleon. I meant guys that are going to break the bank, or expect to...Owens, Bailey, Sapp,etc...

6. Philly_Freak93

owens. i think is on the downside,

champ will stay for atleast 1 more year from the tag,

woodson i think will go to carolina, i just have that hunch,

winifield i think will come here if troy leaves,

bobby taylor is done and i hope he goes to a team like NYG

umm sapp is done IMO to,

mccalister could end up in jax.

i really think carolina will get 1 of the CBs this year.

7. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

Colvin was good for the game and a half he played but he got hurt in Philly so I guess we'll be waiting another year. I'm so mad he got hurt cus our defense would be off hook. As for a small money free agent I'd have to say the pats have been the shit at getting veterans with something left to prove like Tyrone Poole. Man I'm sure denver wishes they had kept him. I think he is getting like 1 mil this year or something close to it and he his having as good year as anyone at the postion. Rodney harrison was a steal a 2 mil a year to but he was released.

8. Giantsfan1

Giantsfan1 Thread Killer

Bobby Taylor to the giants
    is he that bad that we get a fair well fro an eagles fan

THE GIANTS STUBBORN WITH THEIR STARTERS

Kenny Holmes was the lst FA to start the first game of the year in the FASSEL ERA
    I like Jones ad short but i hope they get a coach who runs a 3 - 4
    Then it would open up a chace to get Ian GOLD OR JUST REPLACE 1 of them

9. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

Dre Bly has turned out to be a great FA pick up for the Lions. He is a shut down corner and a big time play maker. The key is he's still young. He also was voted to the Pro Bowl by his peers.

We will have to wait a year or two to see if he'll play a part in taking the Lions to the promised land as he did in St. Louis.

10. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>LSUpackfan wrote:

Vonnie?? I've heard he's been a disappointment...any comments? I agree, Barber has been good, but not really someone I would consider an "elite" FA, same with Holliday and McCleon. I meant guys that are going to break the bank, or expect to...Owens, Bailey, Sapp,etc...
    </div>

Holiday has 5 and 1/2 sacks so far this season. That may be more than the entire defense had last year.

Trust me, when you are talking KC defense...S. Barber IS elite.

I think McCleon is leading us in INT's too.

11. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

i disagree with zackman about dre bly being a shut down corner, more like a sit down corner, like i would bench him, but no one would notice he is as tall standing as sitting. I am simply praying the bears go and grab woodson and bailey, but i think they will end up in detroit and atlanta respectively

12. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

BF he did a great job on Randy Moss and Terrell Owens this year. Those of us that have watched him and his peers know you're wrong on this one. Any Bear Corner make the Pro Bowl? You'd better hope the Lions don't land Bailey or Woodson.

Wait till next year! ... Have I said that before? [​IMG]

13. Bearsfan1

i am sorry but i doubt he did a great job on those recievers, the defense may have collectively taken them away with a good scheme, i.e double coverage, but dre bly, IS NOT THAT GOOD.

14. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>BearsFan1 wrote:

i disagree with zackman about dre bly being a shut down corner, more like a sit down corner, like i would bench him, but no one would notice he is as tall standing as sitting. I am simply praying the bears go and grab woodson and bailey, but i think they will end up in detroit and atlanta respectively
    </div>

[​IMG]

BearFan1 you were so wrong on this one. Another HUGE game for Dre Bly.

15. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

I originally thought the Lions over payed for Dre Bly as they seemed desperate for some CB's. He turned out to be worth every penny though. Its not that often I see a Lions game but 6 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and a trip to the Pro Bowl speak for themselves.

16. Philly_Freak93

i thought the same thing with the chiefs nd shawn barber, he was a nice solid player but had neck problems and i didnt think hed be that much better in KC than phillyor washington

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Glenso1188 wrote:

I originally thought the Lions over payed for Dre Bly as they seemed desperate for some CB's. He turned out to be worth every penny though. Its not that often I see a Lions game but 6 interceptions, 4 forced fumbles and a trip to the Pro Bowl speak for themselves.
    </div>

17. Bearsfan1

i am going to stand by what i said, his production is more a result of the lions scheme than of his own talent, I believe corner is still a weakness, numbers dont tell the story and if they had better corners they would not have to leave the safety's over the top like vs the rams