> the Nets Game Thread! (New Jersey @ Toronto)

Discussion in 'Toronto Raptors' started by Chutney, Dec 15, 2008.

1. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

<div align="center">[​IMG] <span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="color:#0B355E"><span style="font-family:Impact">New Jersey</span> </span></span><span style="color:#0B355E">(11-11)</span> vs. <span style="color:#c8362d"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Impact">Toronto</span></span></span> <span style="color:#c8362d">(10-13)</span> [​IMG]</div>
    <div align="center">
    When: Monday December 15th, 2008 @ 7:00PM EST
    Where: Air Canada Centre, Toronto, ON
    TV/Radio: TSN2, FAN 590 </div>

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center">
    <span style="font-family:Impact"><u>THOUGHTS ON THE GAME</u></span></div></span>

I'm sure that quite a few Raptors fans will frantically channel surf at 7:00, trying to find the Raptors game. Well screw all those people. They should read my game previews. Tonight's game is the first of three consecutive games to be aired on TSN2. 4 of the next 5 games will be aired on this fledgeling new channel that is unavailable to anybody with Rogers as a cable provider.

If you ever wanted a prime example of how corporate greed is steadily gangraping the Raptors fanbase, this would have to be it. I mean, it's bad enough that MLSE started putting a handful of games on RaptorsTV for the past few years. Aside from those half a dozen Raptors games, that channel is completely useless (their re-runs now have 60% more Ahmad Rashad!). But once Raptors fans caved in and propped up that useless fucking channel, MLSE decided why not try it again? As a result, we have a stalemate where a bunch of Raptors games are put on a channel that some cable providers are unwilling to add (most notably, Rogers). And really who can blame them? Take away those Raptors games and you probably got such exciting sports as lumber-chopping, snowshoe racing, and extreme igloo-building. You know... irrelevant stuff that gives Don Cherry a boner. The loyalty of the Raptors fanbase has led their games to be used as a friggin' pawn between stubborn-ass CEO's.

So consider this my rant on this whole fiasco. I don't care which side is more justified or about all the backroom negotiations. The only thing that matters to me is that I'll be forced to watch tonight's game on my 15" laptop screen instead of on my 17" genuine Panaphonic TV. And everybody involved will pay severe consequences:

Larry Tanenbaum?
    [video=youtube;rdVeW4hCLpE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rdVeW4hCLpE[/video]

Richard Peddie?
    [video=youtube;VclFEwUGdY0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VclFEwUGdY0[/video]

Ted Rogers? I don't care if you recently passed away:
    [video=youtube;_KPBUJ1MXmY]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KPBUJ1MXmY[/video]

And finally, Rod Black? You might have nothing to do with this, but goddamnit do you have an annoying face:
    [video=youtube;HY-03vYYAjA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HY-03vYYAjA[/video]

<span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center"><span style="font-family:Impact"><u>STARTING LINEUPS</u></span></div></span>

<div align="center">[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<span style="color:#0B355E">Devin Harris - 0 for 13 - Bobby Simmons - Yi Jianlian - Brook Lopez</span>

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

<span style="color:#c8362d">Jose Calderon - Anthony Parker - Jamario Moon - Chris Bosh - Jermaine O'Neal</span></div>

<span style="font-family:Impact"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><div align="center"><u>KEY MATCHUP</u></div></span></span>

<div align="center">[​IMG] [​IMG]

<span style="color:#0B355E">Vince Carter</span> vs. <span style="color:#c8362d">Chris Bosh</span></div>

OMG, these two players don't play the same position! Yes, I am taking a bit of an unconventional approach to the tonight's key matchup. But the fact of the matter is both of the franchise players in this game have struggled as of late and will need to pick up their play. VC played like shit on Friday and has struggled during this recent Nets losing streak, provoking very calm and reasoned reactions from his fans. I don't care what the stats have said, the fact of the matter is I've yet to see Bosh play up to his earlier form this month. He's racked up points, but has been fading away more and doesn't look to draw contact as often.

So yeah, consider my spotlight to be on both of these players. If either of them can play up to their potential, they will almost certainly lead their team to victory.

<div align="center"><span style="font-size:18pt;line-height:100%"><span style="font-family:Impact"><u>LEO RAUTINS' INSIGHTFUL THOUGHT OF THE DAY</u></span></span></div>

[​IMG]

2. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Yes! I'm excited for tonight's game. I'm predicting that 0-13 trades in his new nickname for his old one: Half-Man Half-Amazing, and the Nets get the win.

Additionally, Yi Jianlian will schezuan-kick Jermaine O'Neal on his gimp knee and sideline him for the second half of the game.

Another sig-bet? If the Raps win, I keep my current one on for a second week. When the Nets win, I keep my sig on til Friday, and you pick up one for a week.

3. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

Something to look at while you wait for the game!

[​IMG]

4. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

Come on Chut, VC scored 39 on the Bulls. He struggled against the Raptors, but not during the whole losing streak.

And you got Yi's picture right!

5. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

If you didn't suggest it, I would've. I'm down.

6. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

How dare you call me out on my ignorance of New Jersey Nets basketball!

7. Chutney

Chutney MON-STRAWRRR!!1!

btw, if anyone can find a stream for this game post it in this thread. I'll be looking for one too.

8. kobimel

kobimel Hapoel

9. #1_War_Poet_ForLife

#1_War_Poet_ForLife The Baker of Cakes

MNFL checking in.

10. Legacy

Legacy Beast

Damn, Raps and Nets keep playing each other. 3 meetings already.

Only one left. :(

11. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Chut, after this we wills ee records with the hot babes :)

12. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

13. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I'll get a nice link for you guys...hold on a sec.

14. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

9-0 Raptors. Vince hasn't hit a shot, so I guess the boos are getting to him? Eh, Bassie?

15. Master Shake

GMJ got it. GO RAPTORS!

16. Master Shake

I want in on this sig bet. NAO!

17. Master Shake

VC with a shot finally. GOD DAMN I WANT HIM BACK! Err...I mean...

18. GMJ

GMJ Suspended

Fine. You get the sig I make for Chutters if the Nets win, and if the Raptors win I'll wear yours and his.

19. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Moon has made me eat crow

20. Master Shake

Mooooooooooooooon!