Time to bench Yi and Simmons?

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by Claud, Dec 29, 2008.

?

Bench Yi and Simmons?

1. Yes

25 vote(s)
    67.6%
  2. No

12 vote(s)
    32.4%
  1. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    Simple Yes or No answer will suffice.
    IMO, this should be our starting line-up:
    PG Harris
    SG CDR
    SF Carter
    PF Anderson
    C Lopez

I put RA and CDR as starters because I believe it will have a possitive impact on their game and also boost their confidence. Much like Lopez when he was inserted into the starting line-up.

Your thoughts?

2. rjsb12

rjsb12 Member

Yi yes please. Can't stand the guy anymore..

3. nets1

nets1 Member

No, Yi needs to play more especially in the critical minutes of the 4th. The nets need to tank the season and use this year as a developmental year for Yi. They will get another great draft pick and who know maybe Yi will learn how to play defense.

You see net fans we need to think more like the Yi fans. Its not about the team its all about Yi! All we need to do is lower the bar a bit, well make that quite a bit...Lower, lower, no still lower..... lets go Yi!!!!!!

oh yeah, go Yi!!!!!

4. farouq710

farouq710 Member

Right lets stuff in two rookies who aren't playing very well to begin with. In anderson's case he has been given the same amount of time on the floor at the 4 spot as Yi and he is playing against weaker opponents and is not playing much better than Yi. CDR is an unknown so who knows.

5. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    The people that voted "No" explain yourselves please. IMO, Yi has been given the chance and has failed... doesn't Ryan deserve the same treatment?

6. nets1

nets1 Member

I thought i did...

7. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    I get what you are saying but the fact that he IS the starter my boost his confidence and better his game when it comes to RA. And CDR is a slasher who has been injured for most of the season, but we ARE a rebuilding team and what better way to develop a baller such as CDR by inserting him into the starting line-up?

This team has been so inconsistent with Simmons and Yi that I would not care if this team played inconsistently with all of our rooks playing big minutes. After all, we are a young rebuilding team.. so why not give it a try?

Last edited: Dec 29, 2008
  8. farouq710

farouq710 Member

It's not like Ryan's been glued to the bench. Ryan's shot has been off and the only thing he does better than Yi at this point is agressiveness on offense such as driving. His defense is just as bad and he's playing against second unit players. CDR hasn't been given enough time to really evaluate anything, he's way behind on everything since he's been out.

9. MaxaMillion711

MaxaMillion711 ...?

Mixer
    yes, yes, oh god yes

10. farouq710

farouq710 Member

Yea we're rebulding but we're also in the playoff hunt. Vince and Devin are the slashers and everyone else needs to hit open shots consistently, that's how our offense is built. I don't see CDR being valuable in the starting lineup since his range is so limited. He's better in my opinion as a slasher off the bench where no one except for dooling slashes. also CDR shouldn't just get handed the starting position. He's been out for so long while everyone else has been putting the time in, it wouldn't send a good message to ryan, boone, swat, swift or anyone else.

11. farouq710

farouq710 Member

Also its not like we've had a 6 game losing streak. what Frank has been doing has been working so far and until we hit that demoralizing losing streak, I expect the lineup to stay the same. It's time to make changes when your record goes south like the knicks or raptors at the moment. we weren't expected to even be close to .500 at this point.

12. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    I know they've been given the same minutes (Yi and RA) But Yi has been the starter for the entire season and has been very inconsistent. IMO it's time to start Anderson to see how he acts and plays as a starter and Yi off the bench. At least RA plays much better D than Yi(Which is not saying much) and hustles way more. Yi seems to be in a funk and maybe he can regain some form by dominating bench players from the opposite teams.

13. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    But if we are in a playoff hunt like you say, why not give a try to a line-up that will player better, smarter defense overall? After all, Defense is what will get you to the next level.

14. farouq710

farouq710 Member

touche, but in my opinion RA's defense doesn't warrant him being a starter over Yi. He makes similar dumb plays, the only thing I see RA do better is that he gives up less and ones. It's not like he boxes out a lot better than Yi or grabs more rebounds either. I don't see Ryan making a much bigger impact even if he gets more confidence being a starter. He'll be confident that first night and if he struggles that game or for a few games then what?

I see your point in mixing it up but teams mix it up when they start to really suck and we don't really suck yet.

15. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

I just hope the Nets stop playing zone defense, every team can find their wide open shooters beyong the arc.

16. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    I just want to see how Ryan plays as a starter. Yi's been given the chance and has failed. It might suit Ryan better sort of like how it worked out for Brook Lopez. Lopez was very dissapointing before making a splash as a starter. I'm kinda hoping either RA or CDR (Hopefully both) have the same impact B Lo did.

17. SUPERB

SUPERB Member

I would start swift over both anderson and yi.

Boone is fine as backup center.

Anderson should come off the bench b4 yi though.

Simmons doesnt need to play at all.

18. NOMAM

NOMAM Member

You know which bench Yi and Simmons might look good on?

The Warriors bench.

How intrigued do you think Don Nelson would be in acquiring Yi?

19. ly_yng

ly_yng Active Member

Robot Mailman
    :tsktsk:

I voted no - does that make me a moron?

They're the worst SF and PF on the team, except for all the others. What can you do?

20. Astral

Astral Member

Leave Yi in the starting line up but replace Simmons with Najera.
    They can stretch the floor, Najera can pick up the big man assignment with tough D, as well as be the motivator and communicator the Nets desperately need.