our starting forwards

Discussion in 'Brooklyn Nets' started by bronx45, Dec 29, 2008.

1. bronx45

bronx45 New Member

Simmons and Yi 2 for 12 5 pts in 56 minutes and we can't use Kristic, why should anyone root for this team ?

2. DevinNets34

DevinNets34 Member

The dumbest trade in Thorn Era.

RJ >> Yi + Simmons.

and LBJ won't join this team.

3. thedude9990

thedude9990 JBB JustBBall Member

^ the kenyon, carter, and both kidd trades don't make up for it?

4. nets1

nets1 Member

but you don't understand Yi is from China. You need to look at the big picture here. What thorn is trying to implement here is the Detroit Lion theory. If you want the best draft pick you need to have the worst record... Play Yi more!!

5. SUPERB

SUPERB Member

Its not even amusing.

Yi is horrible. Worst part is he knows he is horrible. He knows he isnt a good player and just needs playing time, he knows no matter how long he plays this is as good as it gets.

Whats funny is the nets announcers and staff know he is terrible but they cant say too much negatives about him so you have to read between the lines.

6. ly_yng

ly_yng Active Member

Robot Mailman
    Some context:

June 2008 - Traded Richard Jefferson to the Bucks for Yi Jianlian and Bobby Simmons.
    As risky a trade as the Nets have made in the Thorn era. Jefferson was the Nets’ leading scorer and one of the team’s most popular players. Trading for a 20-year-old player whose rookie season was a disappointment and an injury-prone 28-year-old with an ugly contract is how it looked at first glance. It works if, as the Nets believe, RJ has peaked; if, as Kiki Vandeweghe believes, Yi becomes a Dirk Nowitzki clone; if, as all the Nets hope, Simmons can return to the 2005 form that won him Most Improved Player; and most of all, if, as Jay-Z desires, Lebron James joins the Nets in 2010. While most pundits have said it was the salary dump that drove the trade, Vandeweghe truly believes he has a diamond in the rough in Yi. And it doesn’t hurt that the addition of Yi has made the Nets one of the most popular teams in a country that has 300 million people playing hoops. Fifty Nets games will be televised nationally in China this season, compared one in the US

http://www.netsdaily.com/blog/?p=156

7. NOMAM

NOMAM Member

None of that is looking good right now.

8. Himuki

Himuki バスケットボール? ?? �� ��手こんにちは? ?? ��

YI will be very goode! you all wear sad pants

9. CalamityX04

CalamityX04 Member

Yea YI is not havin a good season overall but let's not put losses on the kid. especially in that Bulls game, he was hardly out there but let's blame him anyway.... i'm rooting for YI to improve but i'm not gonna write off him or any other player for that matter who hasn't been given a fair amount of opportunity... want to discuss how his D is bad? it's weak yes, but he's gettin no help at all, that goes for the whole team... err!!!

TANK THE FRANK! there has been ZERO growth and even in rebuilding mode, we as viewers would tend to see IMPROVEMENT! i would not be surprise we lose to the Thunder...

10. Bob-Section104

Bob-Section104 Longtime Nets Fan

Why is Najara not getting any minutes with performances like this...and everyone screaming that we can't play defense?

NAJARA hustles, plays defense and can hit big buckets (he does need to get his 3-ball going again...got rusty I think).

I think he can play the 3 or the 4.

Does this not seem obvious to anyone else that he needs to be on the floor?

11. CalamityX04

CalamityX04 Member

its not obvious to Frank.... remember its his style of bball... underachieve and play like morons so he can continue to yell out plays to confuse the entire team....

and what happen to Ryan Anderson?? his 3 ball disappear and its not even in the zip code!

12. rory

rory One of the 7 New Wonders

I agreed with all this BEFORE the draft. Well, not all of it - I never expected Simmons to return to 2005 form, that's just stupid. After the draft and free agent signings, I started thinking we might actually have a decent team if we had a better SF.

Now, I really wish we waited to trade RJ. Tons of salary dumps were made this season AFTER the RJ trade. Could we have gotten Harrington? Simmons and Luc Richard Mbah A Moute? I know it is all hypothetical, but I doubt that Thorn and Kiki got the highest possible return for RJ.

Bottom line is I have seen nothing tangible this season from the RJ trade that justifies it - no players signing here because they will have more global exposure, no indication that LBJ or Wade will sign here in 2010 (especially as Brooklyn falls apart), and, most importantly, no basketball skills that lead me to believe Yi will be in the league in 3 years. All we have is "potential" and "possibilities", but that doesn't win games.

That being said, I don't think this trade is worse than the Mutumbo trade.

13. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I'm sorry, I wear sad pants? Can you post a picture of sad pants please.

14. YiOF

YiOF Member

Can't we like consolidate all the Yi hating/loving thread into one, and maybe make it sticky. It seems to come up after just about every single game.

15. ffz

ffz Member

[​IMG]

16. Claud

Claud Legendary

Full-time Student
    24 :dunno:

17. networks

networks Member

I think I am going to wear those pants because I just imagined a line up of:

Starters: Harris, VC, RJ, S.Will and Lopez

Bench: Dooling, CDR, Anderson, S.Will, Boone, Swift, Hayes, Najera and Hassel

Oh Well. Sad Pants off now. Back to reality.

18. infinet

infinet Member

Pretty much my feelings the day the trade was announced. I think it may have been a bit easier to swallow had we asked for their 8th pick to be included and we threw in Ager or Marcus. Or nobody since it was a bit lopsided as is.

19. Himuki

Himuki バスケットボール? ?? �� ��手こんにちは? ?? ��

no you wear them mr. kingshake

20. xflavioVC15x

xflavioVC15x Member

Student
    Yi is just plain horrible. He makes the weakest fouls ever and hes shooting is fucking horrible. I switch the channel every time he touches the ball