NBA MVP Race (so far) from Yahoo

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Denny Crane, Jan 18, 2009.

1. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
  2. huevonkiller

huevonkiller Change (Deftones)

Student.
    Paul and Howard fit the criteria for MVP more than Wade. They're rather comparable so I'm sure Wins will give those candidates the edge.

3. La Bomba

La Bomba The Future

It has been LeBron hands down this year as far as the MVP race goes. He's been playing at another level. I see Howard rising in the rankings soon. With the Magic possibly playing the best basketball in the league right now and Howard being their leader he candidacy has to rise up.

4. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

LeBron is gonna win it this year. His team has a good enough record and they are going to win the NBA championship. He's putting up great numbers and it's about time he wins one.

5. huevonkiller

Student.
    Oh yeah I'm pretty sure he'll get it, I'm just talking about the top five. :]

6. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

I think Wade is there for the 21-17 or whatever record they have and his 28 per game. However, Howard or Paul should be ahead of him.

7. huevonkiller

Student.
    Well Paul is playing in a slow offense this year but leads the league in Assists anyway, as opposed to Nash who needed the quickest offense in the game to accumulate his totals. I think both him and Dwight are undervalued. And purely on an offensive level Paul is right there.

8. Denny Crane

Denny Crane It's not even loaded! Staff Member Administrator

Never lost a case
    Miami won 15 games all last season, without him for 31 games or injured in many he did play. 22-18 is a significant turnaround and speaks to his value to the team. As the main guy on the team, he's averaging 28.9 PPG, about 10 FTA, 7.4 APG, 2.3 SPG, and 1.6 BPG. Even if his game isn't on some nights, he's still a threat to dish 10 assists or get a couple of key steals or block a couple of shots and certainly will draw some fouls and get to the line.

9. Mr. J

Mr. J Triple Up

I feel Wade is truly the most valuable player to his team. Without LeBron, the Cavs would be better than the Heat would be without Wade. The Heat are basically the same team that won 15 games last year, which is the worst record since, what, 2002? Both Beasley and Marion have been major disappointments, also. Wade is the only reason why the Heat are in a playoff position.

Depending on how it plays out between Boston and Cleveland, I can definitely see the Heat upsetting the Cavs in the playoffs as a 6th seed.

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I think the MVP is Wade. He's carried a rather poor Heat team to a respectable record. Too bad history isn't on his side, cause no one on a sub-50 win has ever won an MVP, and I don't see the Heat cracking 50 wins.

It's unfortunate too, because he does deserve it. Too bad it was LeBron's award to lose at the beginning of the season, and it'll stay that way with how much the media rides his jock.

11. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Miami can win with Mario Chalmers being the man.... i kid. It's LeBron for the reasons mentioned however, but Wade is an excellent choice, Dwight as well.

12. huevonkiller

Student.
    LeBron gets media love but he deserves it as much as anyone, his season this year is dominant and he's winning games.

13. Tempo

Tempo New Member

I think it's pretty clear that Lebron is going to win it all. The only thing I might protest against is Chris Paul, Dwight Howard and Dwyane Wade. I mean Dwyane Wade is an outstanding player, and I'm not taking anything away from him, but his team is not as nearly as good as the Hornets or the Magic. I also think Dwight may be ahead of Chris Paul too. I mean Dwight has a little bit of help from Jameer, Hedo and Rashard, but their team is one of the best in the league, whereas the Hornets aren't quite seen as that type of team yet. Once the Hornets hit 2nd position in the West then I'd possibly put him infront of Howard, but as long as the Magic keep dominating, then Dwight is the man for me.

14. gasoft16

gasoft16 New Member

LeBron is playing like hell this year.. And so is Dwyane Wade and Dwight but I do think that their team records will spell the difference this year.