Are the Magic better than the Cavs or Celtics?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by JFizzleRaider, Jan 22, 2009.

1. JFizzleRaider

JFizzleRaider Sad Panda Global Moderator

Is Dwight Howard's team the best in the league? Why are the Cavs/Celtics better or worse?

2. bbwSwish

bbwSwish Harder. Better. Faster. Stronger.

Right now, I'd say it's Cavaliers, Magic, and Celtics but that could very well change a week from today when we play Cleveland.

3. ToddMacCulloch11

ToddMacCulloch11 Who me?

For now, they look right up there with them.

But they're going to have to do it when it counts. The Cetlics won a title and the LeBrons went to the finals. They are no doubt the top 3 in the East.

4. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Saw the Cavs last night versus Portland, and i have them number one. And thus i have the Magic winning tonight, so i agree with Swish. But man the gap is so close.

5. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    I see it`s league too, I`d put the Lakers above the Cavs because of the Bynum-Pau combo.

6. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I'd say that the Magic are playing like the best team in the East right now. They're offense has been clicking on all cylinders and they're playing solid defense this year. They're also healthy, something the Cavs are not.

However, I'll still take the Lakers. They have the most potent offense in the NBA, they have a great tandem in the middle with Bynum/Gasol, and they have Kobe, who can still take over a game whenever he wants. They're also finally getting healthy - they got Walton back recently and Farmar is way ahead of schedule for his return.

7. Tempo

Tempo New Member

The Magic are probably playing as one of the best teams in the league. But whether they come up big when it counts is another question. I see the Lakers as the better team currently. I'd love to see the Magic travel to Cleveland to face the best home team, that would be an interesting matchup. Dwight is arguably the hardest player in the NBA to stop, which is one of the reason why the Magic are so dominant. But when it comes to the end of the season, and playoffs have arrived, I see the team to beat in the East being the Boston Celtics again. Sure they have slumped a bit recently, but they have too much talent and experience in their squad to be a team that slumps for a long period of time. My money is on a Lakers/Celtics Finals series yet again, but with a different result this time, the Lakers winning in 6.

huevonkiller likes this.
  8. JE

JE Suspended

in between jobs right now
    Neaux

9. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

I will actually have to disagree with you on one point. Dwight isn't what makes the Magic so hard to guard (though he helps). What makes them so hard to guard is how well they spread the floor. That team is loaded with shooters. Their ability to hit open jump shots makes it tougher to guard them, because if you double Howard down low, you're going to get torched by 'Shard, Lee, Hedo, etc.