Wolves @ Hornets Game Thread

Discussion in 'Minnesota Timberwolves' started by tim, Feb 8, 2009.

1. tim

tim Respect JPJ

17-32 [​IMG] @[​IMG] 29-18
    Sunday, February 8th
    7:00 pm ET
    New Orleans Center (New Orleans, LA)​

[​IMG]
    Projected Starters

PG [​IMG] SG [​IMG] SF [​IMG] PF [​IMG] C [​IMG]

[​IMG]
    Projected Starters

PG [​IMG] SG [​IMG] SF [​IMG] PF [​IMG] C [​IMG]

Key Matchup
    [​IMG][​IMG]

2. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    Well after last nights let down im not so sure how ready we will be on a back-to-back away from home. Hopefully the guys get their legs back.

I'm sure Jefferson is going to make a statement and smash David West letting people know he should have been an all star

3. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Say hello to James Harden if Al's injury is as bad as it looked.

4. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    Son of a bitch

5. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

[video=youtube;h7sovyb4Cpg]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=h7sovyb4Cpg[/video]

about as cheap as you can get. david west probably gets 3 to 5 games. west is developing a reputation for being a dirty player.

6. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    Yea i wasnt really fond of that.

7. NattaNerNuttaMan

NattaNerNuttaMan NattaNerNutta like Spike

Military
    Damn, I missed it...and the above link doesn't work on the Network here (blocked). What happened? And is it serious...reports said Big Al heard a pop! That's never good?

If this is the case, I see us pulling off a deal for sure come the 19th. Miller+ for a Center. Will the bad blood from this game be enough to stop a deal between 'Sota and NO for Chandler?

What other options do we have? Kaman has started to become too injury pron to deal for and I can't really think of any young bigmen up for grabs....could this propmt the Wolves to throw thier names in the Amare sweepstakes with Big Al is lost for the season?

8. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    I was thinking about that....can Harden play SF? We know that Foye isn't effective playing the point and he has settled in really nice at the SG position. I'm still leaning towards Thabeet or even a PG if one of thier stock jumps up to top 5 status (Brandon Jennings or Jeff Teague).

9. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    I think Foye can be effective at PG if he has a ball handling, playmaking SG next to him (ironically, his best fit may very well be Brandon Roy) or put a Devin Harris like PG next to him and Foye will shine. James Harden is the closest thing to Roy in some years and Jrue Holiday is as close to Harris as we can get, we need one of those two. I prefer Holiday just because i know thats in Foye's best interest

As for the hit here is another link
    [video=youtube;vCzkQ--zK6c]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vCzkQ--zK6c&feature=related[/video]

Pretty weak coming from an "all star" take him out and put in Jefferson as punishment. It probably doesnt cause any bad blood btwn FO's though.

I dont think we end up pulling the trigger on a Center unless we can get Chandler without losing any of the pups. Kaman is hurt, Bogut is hurt, Bargs is a bad fit, JON is old and hurt, Stat is a PF, Brad Miller is old, i just dont see any good fits. I dont see the FO taking on all the money in a Dally deal either.

10. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Well, Stat was playing Center until Phoenix got Shaq...so he can play there....but I don't like Amare when Big Al gets back though.

I like Jrue....and I'm really starting to warm up to Jeff Teague...alot! We need to bring in a scorer ASAP, to keep Foye from getting overwhelmed and not hurt his confidence when his shot is off....Miller will be dealt real soon now.

Maybe we can make a serious push for Raymond Felton to play point?!? He would be a nice fit now as scoring PG

Last edited: Feb 9, 2009
  11. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

West has officially been suspended for 1 game.

12. tim

tim Respect JPJ

Good, well deserved.

13. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    No Jeff Teague for me. Foye and Jefferson needs guys that can set them up to score more than they need someone to take scoring pressure off of them. Especially if we pick up a FA like...oh i dunno.....Marvin Williams or someone. With Al out i pray we get a shot at Ricky Rubio.

David Stern OWES us for handing Boston their championship on a silver platter, give us the #2 pick!!!

14. NattaNerNuttaMan

Military
    Teague can set up others as well....he goes with the flow and create as well as distribute...all I'm saying is don't count out a school that groomed Chris Paul...lol.

Don't worry, I'm still with you on getting Marvin....lol...you don't need to remind me...lol

And Rubio is showing signs of not coming out this year but next year

15. Shogun

Shogun Member

Livin'
    I know he can distribute, i watched the last game and he had a few slick behind the back passes and set up his teammates nicely. My thing is he is a score first PG, Foye is a scorer and Jefferson is a scorer. I dont think there is enough distributing there for everyone. Plus he and Foye make a small small backcourt.