Rampage Not Sure About Fight w/Evans

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Mamba, Mar 8, 2009.

1. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

http://www.bloodyelbow.com/2009/3/8/785531/rampage-jackson-unsure-he

2. Mamba

Why don't they move GSP/Alves up to 98 and put Rashad and Rampage on the UFC 100 card.

I mean, asking 'Page to fight in two months is a lot of work. He fought at the end of December, beginning of March, and they want him to fight in May? 5 Months and 3 fights is a lot, especially when you're training over seas. Rampage was just talking about how the training camp over in England is hard on his kids. I wouldn't be surprised if he let Machida get a crack at Evans first, so he can rest up and spend some time with his kids. He's got his title shot wrapped up, let him off until the Summer if he wants it. I'm glad Dana is willing to work with that.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I want to see Machida get a title shot but not because Rampage was asked to fight again too soon, that is shitty.

They can easily make Hughes/Serra the main event of that card, I don't know why not, as has been suggested already on this board.

They can move Rampage/Evans to UFC 101 if needs be.

4. Mamba

Penn/Florian is slated for that card along with Nog/Couture. I don't think they'd make 101 possibly bigger than 100.

I still think they should move GSP/Alves to 98 and put Lesnar/Mir and Rampage/Rashad on 100.

5. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Word on the street is that Penn doesn't want to fight Florian at all. That fight is still up in the air.

But you're right, GSP/Alves getting moved up makes sense. UFC 98 is only eleven weeks out but odds are they are both in light training right now anyways. GSP likes to have eight weeks at least for a camp so its possible to move it up--if they agree.

Evans/Machida makes the most sense right now, though the UFC stepped on their own toes last night by having the in-ring confrontation. (IMHO) Machida would be the favourite against Evans.

6. Mamba

Machida would be the favorite over anybody, I think. The guy is a fucking ghost.

Wow, Penn doesn't want Kenflo, eh? He has to vacate that belt then. Florian deserves a shot. Penn has gone from respectable to straight up bitch in a matter of weeks. Any source on this rumor?

I'm probably going to UFC 98, so I hope it is Rampage and Rashad, but GSP/Alves makes more sense. The UFC is doing a lot by asking Rampage to fight 3 times in 5 months. That is a HEAVY work load, especially traveling over seas to train. Alves and GSP will both be ready for UFC 98, it makes sense to move that one up.