To all the former Redzone Forum Members:

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by nfl-forums, Dec 31, 2003.

1. nfl-forums

nfl-forums nfl-*****s member

I was invited here by Steelerfan2003 who asked me to come join this forum. I did not and forwarded the message to the Webmaster at the Redzone. While I have not officially joined here, I have been looking at the posts here and reading since Steelerfan2003 wrote me. I think it is time to set the record straight on The Redzone forums and the ?Redzone Outcasts? who are here.

As someone who has remained with The Redzone forums, I can only tell you that I appreciate what the webmaster has done there. He has taken over and taken responsibility for those forums. The forums there are now no longer a soap opera but a quality place to talk about NFL football. He has put Jett and Paul Brown in there places and finally called Jett out to which Jett never had a reply.

http://www.theredzone.org/cgi-bin/dcforum/...ewmode=threaded

What I think has bothered me so much is the fact the webmaster at The Redzone has been hammered here so much. It is my understanding that he worked hard behind the scenes to try and resolve things with Jett and Paul Brown. I understand that he was trying to resolve some issues with the new baseball site and his wife was very sick during the time this occurred. He was criticized here because he supposedly did nothing but was doing the best he could.

In my dealings with him, I always found him to be accommodating and helpful. I think I saw a post where someone said he didn?t care anything about the forums there but if that is true why did he allow us to put a special header in the Rams forum and setup special avatars which I notice many of you here have ?used.? Perhaps some of you didn?t get the responses you wanted at a specific time. I can understand that given his circumstance.

I noticed that one of the forum members here, DAWK_VADER had a post about broncofootball who posted something negative on The Redzone forums about the webmaster. From what I understand, borncofootball is a friend of Paul Brown and that is why he was ripping the Webmaster.

I have heard many of you mention that this place is much better. I have looked here and found the forum software inferior. I guess it is great to use obscenities to express yourselves. I learned long ago that I could write and express myself without saying ?shit? and words like that. By the way, what?s with the alignment with the forums here and the header? Every time I come here I have to scroll to the right to see the entire forum info. Also, a nice header on the forums: Two of the quality guys of the NFL: Randy Moss and Charles Woodson. I will continue to post at the Redzone because the forums there are superior. The only way these forums will grow is the recruitment of members from other places or friends.

Have it as you will..........I just felt compelled to respond since I was recruited here and have watched the development of the two forums over the past week and I have found the posts on the Redzone to be better.

I am sure many here will hammer me over this but it is just to bring another view to what has occurred since everything written here seems to be so biased.

Best Wishes for A Happy New Year former Redzone Forum Members.

2. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

A classy and honest post in my view. A lot of good points.

3. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

Ramsone and anyone else,

I have to be honest Pb and jett i never really cared for during my
    posting time there. Ive tried to be the nice guy and ive watched
    a moderater abuse there power in the other forum. Then when
    spoken to about it, the other moderater attacked. Like a pack of
    wolves.

As for the webmaster i have nothing but respect for him.
    He's been nothing but helpful to all members ive seen. He
    even took the time to email me what was going on. I thought
    that was pretty nice. Ive put in a request for new look in tampas
    forum to rid of sapp he did that for me.

Im here for one reason and one reason only, im here cause i was
    invited. Alot of the people who came here, came here for a reason.
    Maybe they were tired of threats and gag orders who knows, only
    they know.

Alot of the guys that are here i had the most converasations with
    in the other forum. I like to say are my freinds and this is why im here.

I will always post in redzone cause its where i started, tho
    the fan base has shrunk alot i still post there.

I will post there and here for one reason, my friends are here and my
    freinds are there. Its nothing personal just the truth.

Would i rip you for your honesty in what you wrote, hell no. gotta
    respect that your only speaking whats on your mind.

To be honest i feel bad i didnt know the webmasters wife was ill
    and he didnt have time. That explains why things carried on for so long
    without any action other then jett or pb taking matters into the own hand.

I will remain posting here and there i have freinds in both forums
    but as for pb and jett who ive asked to let bygons be bygons screw them.

4. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

Rames1, i posted that casue bronco posted a post in all the forums to tell the webmaster he was wrong in treating JETT and PB different from the rest. and id post there stll but ask the Webmast why i never got my PW when i re-registered

5. nfl-forums

DAWK_VADER

If I am not mistaken there is a note on the lobby of the redzone forums that says:
    If You Are Waiting For A Password, Click Here

If you signed up for the Forums and have not received your password, please contact webmaster@theredzone.org and we will be glad to send you a password to logon with. Please provide your username or password when contacting us.
    There is a known problem with the automailer sending passwords to some ISPs.

So you may not have received your password, that is probably why.

I also read the post from broncofootball. The post was saying that the webmaster was unfair to Paul Brown and Jett; not what you had written. I had send a bad message alert to the webmaster and from what I found out from him, broncofootball was a friend of Paul Brown's. That is why you don't see her posting here.

I hope some of you guys can see to find your way back and post in both places.
    I know that Zackman and Bucs40Etrain are doing both. I think you will see that Jett and Paul Brown seem to have vacated the premises and don't seem likely to return.

6. Philly_Freak93

my bad rams1 i thought that post was the opposite of what u did.

its obvious that webmaster doesnt want me, i did what you said and still nothing, its not my problem its a loss of a member there

7. nfl-forums

DAWK_VADER

I emailed the webmaster and he never got an email from you today requesting a password. Email me at rammersl@aol.com and I will try and get you a temporary one from the webmaster. He has no issues at all with you from the email he sent me.

8. Philly_Freak93

allright thanks rams. im gonna post here and there

9. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Ramsonefan,

No disrespect to you or the other Rams fans, but I have to disagree with you on a few accounts. I did not appreciate how the other webmaster addressed my complaints regarding Jett and PB. I got a few supportive emails when I first made the complaint and saw a post in the general football forum that promised he wouldn't "stick his head in the sand." Then, he disappeared. Jett and PB went about labeling anyone who had a problem as disruptors and saying that we were on a witch hunt. Jett came on and said that he would take care of the problems. He was part of the problem. He didn't do the stuff PB was doing, but if someone confronted PB then he had his back. Quite a few days passed with no response from the webmaster. I felt that we were left hanging. Not to mention, that the webmaster should have seen at least some of the crap happening over the months before the last big blowup. If he had just sent kept in touch, then I would have just waited, but Jett said that he was given the complaints, which my complaints regarded him, and he would handle them, so why would I think that things were going change? The webmaster waited too long to do something. If he was so busy that he couldn't address a complaint, then how did he fire off so quick a reply, when I asked to have my profile deleted? Less than two hours. I have nothing personal against him. I really hope that his wife gets better soon. I didn't like the way he handled the problem.
    I really don't get the complaints about this site. No, you can't see every post in the thread, but that's is the only thing that I can see is lacking. One thing that I like better is that the posts stay in a line. I didn't like the way the other site pushed posts to the side as it continued down the tread. By the time I got to the bottom of some threads, the posts were three inches wide and a foot long.
    As far as your being "recruited" here, could it be that some of us thought you guys in the Rams forums were pretty cool and we wanted to let you know where we were? There wasn't some grand scheme. Steelerfan doesn't own this site. I had left the forum for several days before this site was discovered. (FYI, I left because Jett and PB were still running rampant and it looked like they always would)
    You make a great point about not having to curse to express yourself. There have been sometimes this week that the language here has been a bit crude for my tastes, but it beats the double standards and bullying that I experienced at the other site.
    Here's the great thing. No one has to choose. Guys can post here or at the other site. No one is going to hold it against anyone if they do both places. Go where you want to go. I guarantee you one thing. If I decide to return to the other place, I won't cry about how it's inferior to the NFL Forums. It doesn't make sense. If you don't like a place, then just find another one. I didn't flame the other site when I left. I just left and found a place that I like better. (with help from Dawk)
    I hope you don't think I'm hammering you because I disagree with some of what you said. I hope you guys have a great 2004 at the other site. If you want to stop by and visit, the welcome mat is out for you.

PS - I do have add one little thing. I could be wrong, but I have the perception that some folks think that the posters who have left had done some sort of wrong and that the webmaster at the other site needs to be defended. Most of us had no power at the other site. We were subject to warnings and threats of PB and Jett. We did what we had to do which was find somewhere PB and Jett free to post. The webmaster, being the highest authority on the site, could have stopped what was happening at any time. I wish those who feel the need to defend that webmaster now, would have defended the regular posters when we were getting pushed around. Perhaps this wouldn't have happened. Just something to think about for the future.

10. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

For the record....this is how we came to this site....14 posters from the other forum were in a fantasy football league together...that league page had a message board so all of us frequented both the other site and the FF site....while all the hoopla was happening in one place, football posts continued at the other....after a while some of realized that we were not alone and that a lot of people had the same problems with the other site....soon after Dawk posted that he found a new place that he thought was cool so we all came over and checked it out....it was somewhat empty when we arrived but it quickly filled up with quality posts(there were a few good posters hear already, and we just added to it)...after we had been here a few days, we started to talk about who may not know about this site....we all had some buddies that werent in the Fantasy league that we knew posted at the other site....so no one got "recruited"....some people got invited to join here.....this is not Steelerfans site, it actually belongs to a Vikings fan...when we arrived, Steelerfan saw the admin might appreciate some help so he contacted him and he was right, the admin reached out to us and even made some of us mods....I like this site and I like the format thats being used....but what I like the most is that the admin is involved daily, he posts here and hes interested in football, not something I could say about the admin at the other site....nothing personal, but it was a business 1st to him and a message board second, I dont believe thats the case here...

11. nfl-forums

Dale:

No disrespect to you or Beef either.

You wrote: I got a few supportive emails when I first made the complaint and saw a post in the general football forum that promised he wouldn't "stick his head in the sand." Then, he disappeared.

I guess you didn't read my prior post that his wife was sick and that is why he wasn't as responsive as you had hoped. I guess that doesn't count for much.

From the information I had, he tried to work within the existing admins, particularly Jett. I could provide you emails he sent to me(since I was an admin) there to let you know that he wasn't sitting on his hands during all this time and ignoring the situation. I probably received over 20 emails or was copied on that many between December 8 and December 21st. That is more than one per day.

I currently post on three or four other sites and I would encourage you all to do the same. Some of the posters in the Rams Forum(which has always been the strongest on that forum), were recommended to that site by me.

Beef:

Your post makes it sound like you all knew each other and were in a league together prior to joining the Redzone(oops....I forgot this board is censored too)Forums. Or was *the other forum* your vehicle for meeting?

Guys, I have no problem with any of you. I just wanted to set the record straight. Have a Happy New Year and hope to see some of you soon in *the other forum*. Dawk_Vader has come back and is posting there as well as here and is finding that all is good.

12. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

The members of the OtherSiteFFL met at the other site....although some of us are personal friends also....Bearsfan1 and I(he was Mmosley at the other site) have known each other for a long time... Dale, KCGSC, and 4thandlongfellow are RL friends I believe....Even though I met them through the other site I regularly exchange emails, ICQs, or Yahoo Messeges with Adder, Dale, Pats37, Dawk, and Steelerfan...the way I look at it, I valued the community of the site, not the site itself, so I dont care where we converse as long as we have the freedom to say what we feel...

13. DolfanDale

DolfanDale Active Member

Rams,

I read your post, but I didn't know at the time that I quit the "other site" that his wife is sick. He didn't have to tell me that but, how hard is it to say "Give me two weeks" or "Give me three weeks" or "I have my hands full right now and it may take weeks instead of days?" Some sort of communication would have helped. It might have helped if he had stripped PB of being a moderator right away and see if that helped Jett settle things down, though I still say Jett was part of the problem. I might have been able to settle my issues with Jett since they weren't as serious. I'm glad you got a bunch of emails from that webmaster, but I didn't know that and from what I was seeing is that we were abandoned.
    This site isn't censored. I try not to write the name of the "other site" out of respect to this webmaster. He didn't ask to be involved in this.
    The Fantasy Football league was started in the forums of the other site. It was there for anyone and everyone to see and say, "I'd like to play." It just so happened that when things got really bad, we had the board at the FF site to communicate freely. I'm glad because I quit the "other site" about a week before this site was found and had no idea what I was going to do.
    Regarding the Rams forum, did you "recruit" the other guys or simply invite them? For the record, SF might have sent you this address, but it was after a discussion amongst several of us that we wanted to make sure that people know where we were now if they cared to join us. Steelerfan has been the target of too many accusations over the past few weeks. He's a good guy and has tried to do his best in this difficult period.
    Rams, I don't think I can convince you to see things from mine or anyone else's perspective. You think you have the record straight. So do I, but guess what? It's really all about perspective. We can argue about this until the Lions win a Super Bowl, but we're probably not going to see eye to eye. You think the other site is better. I like this site better. Perhaps we can agree on a few things. People can post anywhere they want and no one will hold it against them. There are no "good guys" or "bad guys." (Maybe one or two and hopefully they're gone) I just don't see a battle needing to be won. I don't think posters here need to keep defending their choice to post here. I haven't asked anyone at the other site why they're still posting there. I think there's room for both sites on the internet.

14. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

R1fan,

I don't really understand why you felt so compelled to get involved by showing your face here. The only piece of the puzzle that I think is missing is the exact relationship you have with Don. Are you guys old high school buddies? College roommates? or is it deeper? Are you guys real life brothers? Because you coming here was above and beyond the call of duty otherwise.

As for some of your remarks regarding this site, they were less than appreciated. Some people are dazzled by pretty headers and cool fonts or amazing double bold outlines, but I've always been interested in people. And unfortunately for the "other" site, we've got all the good ones here now. So keep your 'tech', that's easy to change, we'll just keep our good core of people which is obviously harder to replace.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>I have heard many of you mention that this place is much better. I have looked here and found the forum software inferior. I guess it is great to use obscenities to express yourselves. I learned long ago that I could write and express myself without saying ?shit? and words like that. By the way, what?s with the alignment with the forums here and the header? Every time I come here I have to scroll to the right to see the entire forum info. Also, a nice header on the forums: Two of the quality guys of the NFL: Randy Moss and Charles Woodson. I will continue to post at the *the other forum* because the forums there are superior. The only way these forums will grow is the recruitment of members from other places or friends.

Have it as you will..........I just felt compelled to respond since I was recruited here and have watched the development of the two forums over the past week and I have found the posts on the *the other forum* to be better.

I am sure many here will hammer me over this but it is just to bring another view to what has occurred since everything written here seems to be so biased.</div>

I think I covered almost everything except for the last part. Everything here is so biased? That makes no sense. Everyone experienced the situation individually and had the same experience. Does that make 15 different people carry the same bias? There's an old saying, if the shoe fits...

As for you dear Mr. Ramsfan.... I think everyone here should know exactly how you handled your so-called 'recruitment'.

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Ramsonefan,

This will come to no surprise to you, but most of us have packed up and moved. About 15-20 of us are leaving the *other site* permanently and would really like you & the rest of the Rams fans to join us. It's no fun to post when you're being policed every minute and maniacs stalk the entire set of forums. You know who I'm talking about. Everyone is asking about you guys and we'd love to see you come over.

If you don't, it's all good. I will wish you Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year.

SteelerFan</div>

I, personally, found that tasteful and classy on my part. I didn't feel as though I was 'recruiting' as much as extending an old friend an invitation and also letting him know what happened to most of the other posters. Of course instead of responding to me, you told on me. Which was your perrogative, as sad as I think it was. And now you choose to respond by posting how inferior this site is and how biased the members here are.

I say be careful what you say and how you say it. You never know who you might offend.

Nice try.

15. Philly_Freak93

why do i get the feeling there is a rivalry between the 2 sites?

16. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Nah... I just didn't feel as though the record was being "set straight". I thought I'd better make sure that there was some reality added.

17. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

the best thing we can all do is realize that perception is reality....atleast to the ones doing the perceving....and on that note, I think we should talk some football!

18. Philly_Freak93

this was part of the problem at the othrplace, we talked about stupid things, lets just drop it and forget abou the other place unless ur posting there

19. Zackman

Zackman The Historian

It seems to me many here got what they wanted. Jett and PB were striped of their power and seem do have disappeared. TheRedZone Pub is shut down and out of business.

Does continuing this boycott make any sence? I don't think this rises to the level of France and Don Maier is not Jacques Chirac. More than a few of us are posting here and there, I say end this boycott your demands have been met.

20. Philly_Freak93

i say do as you want, dont bring up other places issues here or ours there. LETS TALK FOOTBALL PLAYOFFS, its the best time of the year, playoffs, bowl game and were bitching about the past. NEW YEAR, NEW FORUMS, NEW POSTS so lets let whats happend in the past stay there. how about kitnas CBPoY award?