Al Jefferson article from Celtics.com

Discussion in 'Boston Celtics' started by CelticBalla32, Jul 5, 2006.

1. CelticBalla32

CelticBalla32 Basketball is back in Boston

http://www.nba.com/celtics/summerleague/no...on-smaller.html

Summary
    - He's determined
    - His ankle is still bothering him [​IMG] but he's taping finally!
    - He's not looking to dominate summer league, just get back into rhythm and develope confidence again
    - Dissapointed in himself from last season, wants to redeem himself
    - Has lost 14 lbs. this summer, wants to lose 10 more
    - Won't worry about trade rumors unless he hears his name come out of Danny's mouth

Very promising article here. He's working his ass off, toning up, and he's determined to have a good season. I don't like the ankle news, but I just hope he's alright. At least he's taping them now.

2. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

I wouldnt worry about the ankle news, he seems very determined to get to were he needs to be. I think Big Al will break out next year 15/8.5

3. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jul 5 2006, 05:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I wouldnt worry about the ankle news, he seems very determined to get to were he needs to be. I think Big Al will break out next year 15/8.5</div>
    If Big Al puts up those numbers next year I am going to do a backflip.

4. yankshater213

yankshater213 BBW Elite Member

Freak that, I'll do a double back flip. Hopefully the kid can show some balls, and play like a man next year. We NEED it.

5. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

That would be amazing! But I also look at it this way, if he doesn't get those numbers net year, Gomes will!

6. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (DRob-50-Forever @ Jul 5 2006, 06:07 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>That would be amazing! But I also look at it this way, if he doesn't get those numbers net year, Gomes will!</div>
    I look at it this way - I don't care if Big Al gets 9/6 as long as he improves.

7. kingjamez

kingjamez BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CelticBalla32 @ Jul 5 2006, 06:15 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I look at it this way - I don't care if Big Al gets 9/6 as long as he improves.</div>I hate when people just look at the stats, with guys like Al. He's still 20-21..If he gets 9/6, but he still improves as a player. I have no probelm with it, yet there will still be guys out there ripping on him and giving up on him because of stat lines.

8. DRob-50-Forever

DRob-50-Forever BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jul 5 2006, 03:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when people just look at the stats, with guys like Al. He's still 20-21..If he gets 9/6, but he still improves as a player. I have no probelm with it, yet there will still be guys out there ripping on him and giving up on him because of stat lines.</div>I agree, I will be happy aslong as he stays healthy.

9. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

Shame on those damn trainers for not taping his ankles earlier. That could be very costly for the rest of his career. But it's nice to see he's back on the right track.

10. CelticBalla32

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kingjamez @ Jul 5 2006, 06:52 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>I hate when people just look at the stats, with guys like Al. He's still 20-21..If he gets 9/6, but he still improves as a player. I have no probelm with it, yet there will still be guys out there ripping on him and giving up on him because of stat lines.</div>
    Exactly. I HATE when people compare, make judgement about, or rate a player by his stats. Stats don't mean sh*t 90% of the time. That is one of my biggest pet peeves. To those stat-junkies, a guy averaging 21.5 ppg is a better scorer than the guy averaging 20.2. That could be completely wrong in a LOT of cases. Stats are so overrated, same with heights, weights (sometimes), and their friggen retarded athleticism tests they run along with those arm lengths. All that is soo overrated. I don't care if someone has a 9'6'' armspan, if a guy with a 7'0'' armspan is a better basketball player - he is the better player. Screw stats.