Soldier facing murder charges

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by ReppinTheD, Jul 5, 2006.

1. ReppinTheD

ReppinTheD BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE </div><div class='quotemain'>Associated PressCHARLOTTE, N.C. -- A former soldier who had been discharged because of an unspecified personality disorder was accused in federal court Monday of executing an Iraqi family so he and other troops could rape and kill a young woman they had been eyeing.The murder charges against Steven Green, a 21-year-old former private, grew out of a military investigation involving up to five soldiers in the March rape and killing of the woman in Mahmoudiya and three relatives, one of them a young girl believed to be about 5. Military officials initially blamed the incident on insurgents.Prosecutors said Green and others entered the home of a family of Iraqi civilians, where Green shot the three relatives, and he and another soldier raped the woman and killed her. According to an accompanying affidavit, photos taken by Army investigators in March showed a burned body of "what appears to be a woman with blankets thrown over her upper torso." It apparently was an attempt to cover up evidence, according to the Iraqi investigation.FBI agents arrested Green on Friday in Marion, N.C. The case is being handled by federal prosecutors in Charlotte because Green, who served 11 months with the 101st Airborne Division, based at Ft. Campbell, Ky., is no longer in the military.The affidavit said he was given an honorable discharge "before this incident came to light. Green was discharged due to a personality disorder." The disorder was not explained. He faces a possible death sentence if convicted of murder.In Baghdad, a U.S. military spokesman, Army Maj. Joseph Breasseale, said no other charges have been filed in the case. But officials said that four members of the 101st's 502nd Infantry Regiment were confined to a U.S. base near Mahmoudiya and that the Army took away their weapons.The affidavit filed in Green's case by FBI special agent Gregor Ahlers said Green and three other soldiers from the 502nd were working a traffic checkpoint in Mahmoudiya on March 12 when they conspired to rape a woman who lived nearby.U.S. officials have described the rape victim as a young woman and FBI documents estimated her age at 25, but a neighbor said she was 14 and her sister was 10.</div>

2. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

f*cking disgusting. I hope he burns in hell.

3. Devlin

Devlin BBW Elite Member

That really is sick, the dude must be F*cked up in the head,if eh isnt he should be shot.

4. nba dogmatist

nba dogmatist BBW Member

how could they arrest him here if he murdered them in another country?

5. chainkilla

chainkilla BBW Member

Where are the other three? I mean it makes it sound like they all had a hand in it, so this guy can't be the only guilty one, not to mention that I get the strong feeling he could get off easy with this "personality disorder". [​IMG]

6. Justice

Justice BBW VIP

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (nba dogmatist @ Jul 6 2006, 06:06 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>how could they arrest him here if he murdered them in another country?</div>It said that they charged him in Iraq. They arrested him here, because that's where he is and he isn't going to get off that easy.

7. Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf BBW Member

These guys don't represent our armed forces very well. I hope they are brought to justice and they never see the light of day again. I don't care if the stress of war has gotten to you or not, you have no right to go out and commit those crimes, whether it is a war zone or not.Disgusting is right.

8. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

well in case you dont kno those arent they only civilians that got killed or raped in 2-3 yrs that they've been there.

9. Mr Wolf

Mr Wolf BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Fabolous @ Jul 6 2006, 11:23 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>well in case you dont kno those arent they only civilians that got killed or raped in 2-3 yrs that they've been there.</div>There have been other isolated incidents but for the most part our troops are doing a great job over there. Most of the civilian deaths are by the hands of the insurgents.

10. Something-To-Say

Something-To-Say BBW Banned

That always pisses me off when people say "oh well he's got mental issues, so blah blah blah" well lock his ass up in an asylum then. This always happens sooner or later.

11. PacMan

PacMan BBW Elite Member

They should die for doing that, I bet there alot more Americans that do this to muslims in the mid-east.

12. Fabolous

Fabolous BBW Elite Member

they are already serving there death sentence... being in the army not fighting for the country, but fighting for bush.

13. Something-To-Say

bush was probably laughing his face off when he read this

14. jonesboyz

jonesboyz BBW Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Something-To-Say @ Aug 2 2006, 02:32 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>bush was probably laughing his face off when he read this</div>BUSH CAN READ??? :ohmy:

15. PacMan

PacMan BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (jonesboyz @ Aug 2 2006, 02:39 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>BUSH CAN READ??? :ohmy:</div>Damn I was just going to say that I swear... but oh well ahhah still funny... :happy0144:

16. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

Bush's words:"We go forward to defend freedom, and what is good and just in our world"Can't blame Bush for this, though. hahaCan't stereotype the Army for it either. The only disgusting soldiers are the ones that committed the crime. I hope civilians don't view the other soldiers in a bad way because of this incident.

17. PacMan

PacMan BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Island @ Aug 2 2006, 05:01 AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>Bush's words:"We go forward to defend freedom, and what is good and just in our world"Can't blame Bush for this, though. hahaCan't stereotype the Army for it either. The only disgusting soldiers are the ones that committed the crime. I hope civilians don't view the other soldiers in a bad way because of this incident.</div>Can't blame Bush my ass he is the one who sended them first of all, so that means it is his fault.

18. Blaze

Blaze BBW Elite Member

How would Bush know one of his soldiers was a demented bastard? He doesn't pay attention to one soldier. He looks at the Army as a whole.

19. PacMan

PacMan BBW Elite Member

It's his fault can you understand that he sended soldiers to Iraq, to kill Muslims. If he never sended soldiers this crap wouldn't never happen.

20. Something-To-Say

GO BUSH GO WW3...KILL THE INFIDEL!!!!puh-leaze.