The Ultimate Fighter: U.S. vs. U.K.

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by bbwtrench, Apr 24, 2009.

1. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Team UK are gonna dominate the USA then HENDO is gonna whoop Bisping!!!! I'm calling it now!!!!

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Re: TUF 9

[​IMG]

3. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

Even though I don't like him I think Demarques Johnson from team USA could do well. The redhead guy from USA seems to have Hendo's endorsement so I am assuming hes good too. Other than those 2 guys I think UK is gonna dominate.

4. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

"Oldest trick in the book, look down, kick high"

I'm really enjoying this season so far.. .so glad little Junie lost and never made the team.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

When I was talking to Joe Warren today, I told him that he needs to tell Hendo to knock Bisping the fuck out because he talks to much shit and Warren laughed and called Bisping a fucking dick. I got a kick out of it.

6. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

Bisping is a fuckin prick. I hope Hendo crushes him.

7. Mamba

He talks too much shit for someone who hasn't accomplished anything notable in his career.

8. speeds

Good to see a couple of top fighters on the show advancing last night. Winner is a decent striker with a suspect ground game, and Johnson seems to be a good ground fighter with a nice long reach and some striking ability.

WTF was up with Bisping not being there for the fight? He'd better have had swine flu.

9. Celtic Fan

I'm thinking Bisping won't have a good excuse at all for missing the fight. It's quite a bad move and the MMA community will be all over him.
    You could see how it affected Dean, regardless if Bisping's own coaches were there to corner him or not. Psychology is a big part of fighting too.

10. speeds

The comment about "if it was one of the Wolfslair guys he wouldn't have allowed circumstances to dictate his absence" was spot-on, I thought.

Bisping arrived for Winner's fight late as well. Winner's hands were already taped, IIRC. What is he up to?

11. Celtic Fan

it's peculiar considering it appears he's been a pretty good coach. I even read he showed up to the house at 8am to go on runs with the guys each day so they got a cardio workout outside the 2 hour training time they had at the gym. The guys can't leave the house except to go to the gym without bisping and or the trainers so he voluntairly showed up early each day for the runs.

12. Mamba

Good episode last night. I really hope Johnson gets far on the show, I like him and his attitude.

Bisping not showing up for his dude's fight was fucked up. Mr. T needed that confidence.

13. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

^ He sure did. He got caught in the Triangle just like everyone said he would.

14. speeds

Seems there is a trend with this season: bad conditioning. Another fight between guys with about 3 minutes worth of energy combined.

I started not liking Franky after his fight to get on the show, where he had the gall not only to celebrate after his opponent defeated himself, but then to claim it was a "decisive victory". Like fuck it was. Then his hateful antics in the house leading up to his fight exposed him for the immature **** he is.

The fight was sloppy as all hell with Franky winding up and throwing off-balance bombs and "the traitor" blocking punches with his face. James had Franky in side control a few times and didn't really seem to have a plan, which was odd, because they specifically showed him training in that position, getting his opponent's opposite arm locked between James' legs. He didn't really go for that, and attempted a half-hearted arm lock which he gave up on. The mount was good but the armbar was more a result of him getting out of position and letting Franky almost get up. A more experienced grappler would've slipped out of that attempt Silva/Lutter style.

The Stape/Dollar fight was a bit surprising. The show does a good job of building drama, doesn't it? They get you going thinking one guy is going to win easily then they get down to it and it is a quick ownage. Stape has a legit complaint if he wants it--he was clearly clubbed in the back of the head, which led to the trouble he got into. He got into survival mode and tried to take Cameron down. Then Cameron used the fence to stay in top position and it eventually led to him taking Stape's back. Poor refeering.

But I guess the big news was that Bisping overslept and missed Dean's fight as a result. Pretty shitty. His apology sucked, too. How about some kind of gesture here, Mike? The "aww shucks, sorry mate" approach was pretty hollow. Considering the circumstances Bisping could've done or offered a lot more. I'm not sure what his plan is for making it up to Dean--if he intends to--but it was a horrible thing to have done. It clearly shattered Dean's confidence going into the fight. Could it ultimately cost Dean even more?

15. speeds

16. bbwtrench

bbwtrench BBW Member

^damn! haha....

17. speeds

[video=youtube;9oJYrUPl-Jo]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9oJYrUPl-Jo[/video]

18. Mamba

I was surprised by the Cameron Dollar fight. Loved the suspension they built up!

19. speeds

In his blog, Santino Defranco claims that "Bitchping" wasn't jetlagged--he was drunk off his ass almost every night and probably couldn't peel himself off the bathroom floor in time to make it for Dean's fight. Them's fightin' words.

20. Mamba

Bitchping :lol:

I've heard that rumor over @ sherdog, too. That Bisping was drunk and passed out.