The Steal Home Was Icing on the Cake - My View

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by YankeesDaily, Apr 26, 2009.

1. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

The New York Yankees lost to the Boston Red Sox by a score of 4-1. Andy Pettitte gave up 3 earned runs on 6 hits in 6 innings of work for the loss. One run was unearned.

Andy Pettitte didn’t pitch all that bad.

Against Ortiz, he should of tried to bust Ortiz in on the fists when Ortiz hit the sacrifice fly to tie the game. Jorge Posada waited on the outside of the plate and Ortiz hit it. If this was the old Superman David Ortiz, he would of hit a bomb. That was a mistake by Posada.

On the second RBI Ortiz hit, Posada “was” waiting on the inside of the plate but Andy threw it outside. I have to give credit to Posada on that call but Andy just made a mistake.

The steal home by Ellsbury was like icing on the cake however. Andy Pettitte wasn’t looking and Posada didn’t block the plate. Pettitte didn’t look at Ellsbury when he was on third. It would of been good if he gave him a stare. Posada didn’t even see Ellsbury coming home. It should of never happened with a left handed hitter up. Posada should of saw him coming. The catcher could see every thing. The only problem was that Andy’s back was to him. They both fell asleep.

When Gardner hit the sacrifice to score Matsui, he went after a high fast ball but he got the job done. It was a 1-2 pitch and Gardner had to protect the plate.

Overall, this was not a good weekend for me. I’m sure it wasn’t for you either.