Congrats

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by TripTango, Apr 26, 2009.

1. TripTango

TripTango Quick First Step

Hey Houston fans, just wanted to give props on a hell of a game. The Rockets showed some serious hunger and fire in that fourth quarter -- it was clear that they were digging deep and unwilling to let themselves go down in another Game 4. It was a tough one to lose, but I've enjoyed watching almost every game of the series. (Still hoping it goes 7, of course...) :wink:

2. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

A game 7 is the last thing Houston wants. They have two chances to close the series and one at home. I just want it to be over on Tuesday.

3. TripTango

Well of course, that's why the :wink: was in there. I've actually been quite happy with the Blazers efforts these last couple of games -- they've been within a possession or two of the lead at the end both times, which is often all you can ask for on the road. Game 5 will be a big character check for both teams: will Portland show some pride and backbone, or fold from the disappointment? Will Houston rest on their laurels with the series lead, or reveal some killer instinct?

If Houston manages to close this thing out in Portland, I think it would say a lot about their renewed focus this postseason and would bode well for their second round date with LA. On the other hand, if Portland wins game 5 it will reinvigorate the young Blazers and refresh doubts about Houston's ability to close out a series.

4. durvasa

durvasa JBB Rockets Fan

Throw that first game out, and this series has been extremely close. These are very evenly matched teams, and I think the Blazers are still fully capable of making this a series. We shouldn't fool ourselves with the 3-1 series lead. We only have one game left at home, and the Blazers are great in their building. As long as the Blazers don't hang there head, they can still get back in this thing.

5. TripTango

Agreed.

Hey, I also wanted to give you a shoutout for putting up with some ridiculous posts over on the Blazers board. I know there are a lot of young hot-heads over there, and you've done an admirable job of staying calm and polite in your replies.

6. Umair1

Umair1 Clutchcity

Jamba Juice..lol
    Rockets were up 3-2 against Jazz in 2007 I think, and they ended up getting killed in Game 6 and 7. They need to close this thing out as soon as possible. I don't want to come back here for Game 6 because the pressure would then be on us, since we would HAVE to win that game or else Game 7 in PORTLAND. If Rockets bring enough intensity and physicality, then I think we close these guys out. They know they're done. We need to blow these guys out, send a message to the Lakers for the second round.

7. TripTango

Do they, though? That's the big question for us Blazer fans. One of the reasons they've been so fun for us to watch this season is that they often just don't seem to realize when it should be over, clawing their way back into games that the old JailBlazers would have mailed in. We'll see. I saw one of the Rocket fans predict on the Blazer board that Game 6 would likely be a blowout one way or another -- Portland will either explode or fold. I'd say that's a pretty safe assessment.

One thing is for sure though: the Rose Garden crowd is going to be bonkers. :NOTMARIS:

8. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    It's been a great four games so far, and the past three has provided us with defensive-minded, competitive basketball that have been a joy to watch. I still have to catch up on game 3 through downloading.

The Blazers are a good young team and I don't think they'll roll over, but it is very important that the Rockets not get complacent, because game 7 in Portland would be extremely tough.

9. GrandpaBlaze

GrandpaBlaze Predictions Game Master

Houston came out hungry tonight. They have simply owned the Blazers tonight.

Good luck with LA.

Gramps...

10. TripTango

Great series, Rockets, and good luck in round 2.

11. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

ya everyone for houston showed up, even wafer who was sposed to sit out. roy and lma got theirs but everyone else on portland got shutdown from houstons defense. if roy had a 3pt game the blazers could get to the west finals, that guys hard to guard.

12. TripTango

Word up, man -- Houston definitely took it to another level tonight. But I've got to ask... what's not to like about Roy's .377 from beyond the arc? I don't think he needs any more range to get better -- just smarter defense and more integration with his teammates.

13. Entity

Entity some guy

Full-Time Student, E.E.
    Great series. Congratulations. Now go beat LA, and win yourselves a title. With Portland on the rise, there might not be many opportunities in the future.

14. oldmangrouch

oldmangrouch persona non grata

Congrats.

Now, please due humanity a favor and beat LA!

15. TradeNurkicNow

TradeNurkicNow Resident OT Section Crank

I like how all the trolls on our board are laker fans and not rocket fans. At least you guys are douchefucks like them.

16. Umair1

Umair1 Clutchcity

Jamba Juice..lol
    This is the moment to live for. Been a Rockets fans since the Francis/Mobley/Cato years and I still remember having those bad years. Throughout those year after year playoff defeats, I still stuck with the team. And I'm glad I did so, because I knew this day would come soon. We finally lose our 1st round virginity! Although, I would've loved for T-Mac to play or even be there to watch and support "his guys", I think we're a far better team without him. Guys know their roles, and know what they're expected of. People can talk shit about T-Mac being a first round virgin, but atleast Yao will get the credit he deserves. Again, been through the ups and downs, but I kept my head up. This is like winning a championship, a dream come true, I've never been so happy after a Rockets win. I must say, all those Game 7 and Game 6 losses were pretty painful, but this win today made up for all the losses! GO ROCKETS! Take the Lakers in 6 games baby!

17. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !