Suspensions for Howard & Rondo?

Discussion in 'NBA General' started by Shapecity, Apr 29, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

I'm still in disbelief Dwight Howard wasn't kicked out of the game last night for throwing an intentional elbow to Sammy's head. He should be suspended a minimum of two games for that blatant elbow.

I'm still undecided about Rondo's foul on Brad Miller. It didn't look bad until you found out moments later Brad Miller's tooth was loose and blood came gushing out of his mouth. If Brad Miller didn't have a size advantage over Rondo and it was someone closer to Rondo's size getting smacked in the face it might have garnered a flagrant two and automatic ejection.

2. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

ya d12 gotta have something after that elbow. seeing the magic play w/o dwight will see how hedo and shard play. dwight draws a lot of the defense in the paint. shard been struggling all series w/ his shot, hedo seems to get it back but w/o d12 i dunno if he can maintain. but magics obviously gonna make adjustments and maybe one of their bigs has a 15pt game which could make up for the loss of dwight if shard/hedo show up.

that rando foul was bad timing. i dont think he should get anything for that. he's defensive minded and brad was SLOWLY driving to the hoop cuz of no one guarding him. but daam that was a hard hit he delivered

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think a flagrant I, if anything, was in order.

However, I don't like the rule that if Miller was too hurt to shoot, then Doc gets to choose who shoots the FT. Miller would have been hurt because of Rondo, therefore, Del Negro should've gotten to choose, IMO.

4. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Bulls would have got to pick if it was a flagrant.

That's why the NBA league office chose to not upgrade it to a flagrant I or II, even though it clearly was. If they upgraded it, that changes the entire complex of the game, and they would have had to replay the last two free throws and the Bulls' final possession. They didn't want to open up that can of worms.

5. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

But it wasn't ruled a flagrant, so in that case, the commentators were saying that if Miller wasn't able to shoot his FT's, then Doc would get to choose who shoots them. Is that true?

6. Денг Гордон

Денг Гордон Member

Yup. And Celtics likely would have picked Aaron Gray, who is a 56% free throw shooter.

If they called it a flagrant, which they should have, BG goes to the line, makes two free throws most likely, tie game, Bulls get a last posession, and they either win, or take it to a double overtime.