Rockets vs Blazers Game 6

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by igotask8board, Apr 30, 2009.

1. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

I will stand up the entire 4th quarter!

Yao Ming. That is all.

2. Trip

Trip 2000000000000000000000000

Student
    I'd better get home at 2 in the morning and hear that the Rockets won. If not...I don't even want to think about it.

3. Trip

Student
    Wow, it just can't get better for us. Wafer is most likely out.

4. igotask8board

THAT SUCKS!

I will be screaming the whole game. My energy is contagious, and I'm in the first row of the upper bowl.

5. Umair1

Umair1 Clutchcity

Jamba Juice..lol
    I've been waiting for this moment for like the past 7 years or so. Seen it ALMOST happen a couple of times in Game 7's, but tonight is when we SHOULD finally break the curse and get in that 2nd round. LETS GO ROCKETS! Been waiting for ever!

6. xCLAVEx

xCLAVEx JBB JustBBall Member

What? God dammit, where did you read that? Our team couldn't stay healthy if it killed them...if that makes any sense.

7. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Past First-round flameouts

• In 2004, Stevie Francis slipped and lost the ball out of bounds in Yao’s first playoff appearance, and the Rockets lost their chance of evening their opening-round series with the superstar-powered Lakers of Shaq, Kobe, Karl Malone and Gary Payton.

• In 2005, the debut incarnation of Tracy McGrady and Yao helped the Rockets win the first two games on the road in Dallas. But Houston lost the series in seven games, including a 40-point thumping in the clincher.

• In 2007, the Rockets won the first two games in their backyard against the Utah Jazz, and held a 3-2 series lead before losing thanks in part to a fourth-quarter collapse in Game 7 on their home floor.

• In 2008, the Rockets had home-court advantage once more over Utah, but the Jazz waltzed right in and did everything except rearrange the furniture in taking a 2-0 lead that made the outcome a foregone conclusion.

Good luck tonight.

8. Trip

Student
  9. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

ron and yao cant scorel less than 10 pts this game PERIOD

10. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

wow...triple overtime w/ boston/chicago keeping me from watchin the game, but at the same time houston in a double digit lead since the 2nd quarter i think?

end of 3rd quarter 74-56, ron and yao ballin, role players ballin...roy/lma only ones showing up for portland.

houston imfamous for blowing away big leads specially in the 4th. guy just said houston hasnt turned the ball over the last 19 minutes. good stuffs from your HOUSTON ROCKETS!!!

11. roydezlaw

roydezlaw Member

Congratulations on the win. The more experienced team won.

Good luck with those Lakers.

12. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

for real tho, tmac should never of said lakers will win it all. should've recalled how the team was doing w/o him...swithed from 1seed, 2seed, 3seed, now a 5seed. maybe he'll change his mind after this game? should anyway

other than that...ROCKETS VS LAKERS 2ND ROUND!!! lakers swept regular season series :( . todays rockets are a lot better than the regular season rockets :) (its the playoffs duh).

daam we playin the LAKERS IN THE PLAYOFFS!!! THIS IS GONNA BE A GOOD EXPERIENCE WIN OR LOSE. sweep season series tho :(

13. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

I won't talk about Yao playing like a dominant big man, I won't talk about Von 3:16 manning up through a tough back injury, I won't talk about Scola and Landry being an awesome 1-2 punch at the PF, I won't talk about Brooks maturing before our eyes, I won't talk about Lowry being a late season steal, I won't talk about Toyota Center actually being loud for the first time in.........forever, I won't talk about Tmac being a total hoe-cake for various reasons, I won't talk about Ron Artest diving into the stands and chilling with the fans and even getting offered a beer, I won't talk about Shane Battier being clutch on both ends of the floor, I won't talk about Chuck Hayes doing the little things, I won't talk about Deke on the sidelines being an inspiration, I won't even talk about how god damn good it feels to get out of the 1st round since I was in the 6th grade sporting my Hakeem Olajuwon jersey to school at least once a week....I'm not going to talk about any of that tonight...........ALL I HAVE TO SAY IS

14. The Dream

The Dream mama there goes that man!

15. yinets1860

yinets1860 i love this game !

we didi it ! Go Rockets !!

16. igotask8board

GOD! What an unbelievable night.

During the third quarter I told the guy sitting next to me, if the Rockets are still blowing them out in the 4th, help me start a BEAT LA chant. He nodded his head and said alright.

I waited until Battier layed it in to put us up by 18 points with 3 minutes left in the game. I nudged the guy sitting next to me and jumped out of my seat screaming, “BEAT LA!” He chanted with me, but it was too loud for anyone else to hear us after that made shot. I turned around and started screaming at everyone behind me, “BEAT LA!” The old couple and large family sitting directly behind me obviously didn’t know we were playing LA next round, so I screamed even louder and started flailing my arms up and down signaling for everyone to get up and chant with me. The guy sitting next to me said it’s too early in the game, but I didn’t give up. Now, I had a large group a few rows behind chanting with me. Fernandez turned the ball over and I continued screaming from the top of my lungs “BEAT LA.” Finally, everyone around me decided to join in. Brooks drove it in and made the lay up and within seconds everyone in the arena was chanting “BEAT LA.” 20,000 Rockets fans all chanting with me, it was surreal. Everyone stopped chanting after about a minute. I stopped before that because my voice was gone. There was less than half a minute left and everyone in the arena started the chant again. I couldn’t scream anymore, so I just kept high fiving the drunk dude sitting next to me.

I doubt Kobe was watching anyways. That chant was probably inevitable...well, no one watches the Clippers. The Rockets are already focused on beating LA.

Last edited: May 1, 2009
  17. Trip

Student
    Woooooo!!!

What great news to see last night at 2am after making a 2-hour drive home! In the process of downloading this game so I can see it for myself. Ron Artest came through.

18. Umair1

Umair1 Clutchcity

Jamba Juice..lol
    1) Artest dominated from the start, we needed his offense
    2) Yao was dominant, on BOTH ends of the court
    3) Battier was effective on defense and rebounding
    4) I love how Lowry settles the offense down, I just love the way he plays
    5) Brooks is aweomse, enough said
    6) It was great seeing Wafer go out there with a bad back, and still provide energy (His 3 when Fernandez fell was BIG)
    7) T-Mac is a douche, he was so embarassed that we did it WITHOUT HIM, that he couldnt even come to watch and inspire "his guys" ?
    8) Mutombo was a great inspiration to all the guys
    9) Great season, a season to remember!
    10) We ARE gonna BEAT LA!