Rampage vs. Rashad, Machida vs. Shogun?

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by speeds, May 28, 2009.

1. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

The latest is that Rampage and Rashad will be opposing coaches on TUF 10. Ed Soares has claimed that Lyoto won't be coaching on TUF and is going to get back into training soon. Dana White yesterday twittered that he had Shogun in his office and that he is putting together a big fight.

Its nice to not have the LHW strap tied up by TUF but I don't see how Shogun is getting a title shot after one good performance in the UFC (out of three fights),

2. Celtic Fan

Celtic Fan Well-Known Member

maybe because Forrest is committed to facing Anderson Silva and there's no other option available if Rampage and Rashad are coaching TUF?

Chuck can't step in, Thiago Silva is already a victim of Machida, I don't think Jardine is a better option is less of a draw than Shogun and Luis Cane is an even lesser draw and needs a big win to be noticed before headlining a main event. They already made a mistake of puting relatively unknown to casual fans Leites in the main event and that was a disaster.

3. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

I think Rampage gets his title shot before his fight with Rashad?

In the mean time, Shogun and Machida fight for the title. Rampage gets the winner of that, and then faces Rashad, win or lose?