would you still do the rudy/battier trade after all these years?

Discussion in 'Houston Rockets' started by rox fa sho, Jun 18, 2009.

1. rox fa sho

rox fa sho Member

It was a big trade, and both players bring their own skill sets to the table, but now after all these years tmac and yao being injury prone, i cant say i'd do that trade.

imo its 120% proven that tmac and yao are injury prone, and you DONT BUILD AROUND INJURY PRONE STARS. i love shane, and if you look it up you'll find that he is a TOP 5 DEFENDER ON KOBE (since shane's 2nd or 3rd season in the nba). i love shane, im glad he's on the team and we can still be contenders with him.

but the thing is, our 2 best players, 2 best scoring options, they both are injury prone, so having shane wont do as much for the team as rudy gay. when yao or tmac go down, rudy woulda stepped in for offense and average 20ppg in their absence. team would lose defense w/ shane, but if there were no shane, rudy woulda been the guy we put on the opposing teams best wing scorer, and rudy can play on the defensive end, but no where near shane battier.

when you have your best 2 players injury prone i think you have to take a step back w/ defense and worry about your offense. rudy woulda assured our offense wouldnt go downhill when they were out.

right now houston is rumored to be shopping tmac. unfortunately tmac or yao has to go :(, id rather it be tmac. interesting off season we gonna have :) .

what are you throughts on the shane battier/rudy gay trade?

2. igotask8board

igotask8board Active Member

It's easy to say yes because the Rockets haven't had any championship success. But a lot of our regular/post season success had a lot to due with the play of Shane Battier.

I would make the trade a hundred times over, but in hindsight, I would have kept Rudy Gay mostly due to the fact that he has more trade value now.

3. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

What has Rudy Gay done?

Shane Battier helped change the culture in Houston and is a valuable piece to the franchise. Battier is the reason your team plays with heart. It wouldn't matter who you built around, Battier would be a solid role player alongside any superstar.