Who will win Chiefs vs. Colts this weekend?

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by vikingfan, Jan 7, 2004.

1. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

This is by far the best matchup this weekend. I can't wait to watch this one.

2. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

Will I be the only one to pick my team?....No wait, Steelerfan was with me the other day....Crap! Now looking back at his fantasy showing, that's really not very comforting right now...

Hope some of you are for KC!

3. Dolphins

Dolphins nfl-*****s member

Go colts!! I think they're going to win!!!

4. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

kcg,

Nothing personal brother but you know me
    im a dungy loyalist. Deep down im rooting
    him on. [​IMG]

5. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

sorry i like what vermiel has done, but the defense has worn down over the season

6. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

If the Pats win Saturday night then I'm pulling for the Chiefs to win. If the Pats lose then I'm rooting for Peyton and the Colts to go all the way.

7. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

is that because you feel chiefs are easier match-up for the patriots??

8. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

I like the colts in this game because of the momentum they have built up, but both defenses have proven to be vunerable so it could go either way....Its Peyton and his weapons against Trent and his....I think Trent has better tools at his disposal(Holmes and Gonzalez), but Peyton has plenty of help himself(Harrison and James)...

9. Glenso1188

Glenso1188 nfl-*****s member

The answer to your question is Yes bearsfan. The Pats have enjoyed a pretty good record against Peyton since hes been in the league but I never feel comfortable going against him. Even the game we played when we were winning 31-10 in the 3rd quarter, I didnt feel it was over and sure enough it wasnt. It took a gutsy goal line stand to pull that one out. Not to take anything away from the chiefs either as they have very powerful offense of there own and it all starts with that incredible O-line. I think I could rush for a 1,000 yards behind that line. (not really but it would be fun trying) I cant wait to watch this matchup sunday and hopefully scouting at the same time.

10. 4THNLONGFELLOW

4THNLONGFELLOW Chicago Bears *********

If the polls reflect what will happen this weekend KCGSC, it looks like you may be in trouble. Guess who I picked?[​IMG]

11. Pats37

Pats37 The Next Big Thing

I'm with you glenso I voted Chiefs as well for the exact same reason.

12. td4td

td4td Fearless ****** of Orange Crush

Can the Colts match the same effort they put in destroying the Broncos? I think the Colts will have a tough time playing at Arrowhead Stadium because of the fans. The fans have been waiting for this for a long time.

I do not think Vermeil will play conservative like Marty used to in playoff games. The Chiefs and Colts both have a weakness in stopping the run but the Chiefs have the edge because I think they have the better RB.

The Colts have the edge with the better QB, but that Kansas City crowd should keep Manning from doing what he loves to do in going with the audibles.

I think Vermeil will have his Chiefs more prepared than Shanahan did. I also think Manning and Co. pulled out all the stops in making sure they whipped the Broncos this time around. Beating the Broncos for revenge and finally winning their first playoff game is just too much emotion to overcome and there has to be some sort of letdown.

I think the Chiefs can do it but they will have to get to Manning somehow or he will be throwing footballs for touchdowns all over Arrowhead.

The Chiefs by 6.

13. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (kcgsc)</div><div class='quotemain'>Will I be the only one to pick my team?....No wait, Steelerfan was with me the other day....Crap! Now looking back at his fantasy showing, that's really not very comforting right now...

Hope some of you are for KC!</div>

I can't believe you scoffed at my support. I still think the Chiefs are going to win by 3, but my support is now in protest!

14. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (td4td)</div><div class='quotemain'>Can the Colts match the same effort they put in destroying the Broncos? I think the Colts will have a tough time playing at Arrowhead Stadium because of the fans. The fans have been waiting for this for a long time.

I do not think Vermeil will play conservative like Marty used to in playoff games. The Chiefs and Colts both have a weakness in stopping the run but the Chiefs have the edge because I think they have the better RB.

The Colts have the edge with the better QB, but that Kansas City crowd should keep Manning from doing what he loves to do in going with the audibles.

I think Vermeil will have his Chiefs more prepared than Shanahan did. I also think Manning and Co. pulled out all the stops in making sure they whipped the Broncos this time around. Beating the Broncos for revenge and finally winning their first playoff game is just too much emotion to overcome and there has to be some sort of letdown.

I think the Chiefs can do it but they will have to get to Manning somehow or he will be throwing footballs for touchdowns all over Arrowhead.

The Chiefs by 6.</div>

All good points. I couldn't agree more about the crowd being a huge factor for the cheifs. I also think the Dolts spent all of their emotions on the broncos game. The truth about it is that INDY is a turf team and they're going to be hard pressed to find a way to win. Cheifs will win by a land slide!!

15. kcgsc

kcgsc Chiefs Enthusiast Extraordinaire

The Colts special teams unit has allowed 2 return TDs this season too. That should play in our favor. The weakness in the Colts d is against the run also, so I like the way a few of those matchups are looking. I don't know if there is a more dangerous QB in the league than Manning though. I say the pumped up KC crowd will earn them 3-4 sacks due to linemen missing the count and end all of Peyton's play changes at the line of scrimmage pretty effectively. I don't know if we can beat NE in NE, but I would sure like the chance to try. I like the way we match up to them as well. We run better than we throw which may lessen the chances of those INTs that kill other teams there. If we can get short passes to Richardson, Holmes and Gonzalez and be patient, I think we may be the team that can actually put a TD or 2 on them.

16. Bucs40etrain

Bucs40etrain *********

I dont know if some have watched but
    edge has been looking like the edge of
    old. Against denver he took off like a bat
    of of hell. Then manning and dungy went
    airborn to never come back to james.

Kc's biggest weakness is the run defense.
    Kc's defense is the only weakness and to
    a team like the colts there defense will be
    exposed. Kc must have a perfect game to
    beat indy. After watching them dismantle
    the broncos who have the better defense
    between kc and den. This will be a high
    scoring game.

Kc keys to winning, simple run priest and
    keep manning and the colts offense off the
    field.

Indys key, play there game and stuff the
    priest. Indy has played with confindence ever
    since there win against tampa on mnf.
    Sometimes when a team smells blood they step
    on the chickens neck. Indy smells it.

James is running to good and looks to be
    back at the right time, kc's d will have to
    respect the run and this leaves harrison,walters
    ,wayne,stokley and pollard open all day. Thats
    alot for kc's defense to handle even at home.

Indy wins this one sorry kcgs.

17. The Return of the Raider

The Return of the Raider Active Member

For KC:
    They must play ball-control and keep Manning/Harrison off the field. Expect the Chiefs to give Indy a steady diet of Priest Holmes, with enough play action and screens to keep Indy somewhat off balance. In the red zone, watch Tony Gonzales matched up against anyone in the Colt's short secondary. Trent Green will lob a few to him that only he'll be able to reach. Playing at home will probably help Green out the most, and KC will likely put together several good drives.

For Indy:
    Manning will deal with the noise. The Colts can and will score quickly even in hostile territory. The Indy line will give Manning enough time to play pitch-and-catch with Harrison as he exploits (what I believe to be) a weak KC secondary. With KC owning much of the time of possession, Don't expect to see much running by the Colts despite KC's apparently lack-luster run defense. Short to medium range passes will replace many 1st and 2nd down running plays, and Edgerrin James will have more receiving yards than rushing yards.

In the end, the game will come down to special teams, and I believe that Vanderjagt will win it for the Colts.

Colts 34
    KC 31

18. Cowboy71

Cowboy71 Dallas Cowboys *********

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (The Return of the Raider)</div><div class='quotemain'>For KC:
    In the red zone, watch Tony Gonzales matched up against anyone in the Colt's short secondary.</div>

That's funny. An accidental censorship. LOL.

19. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

I was listenting to the local FAN radio show this morning that had KC beating Indy. I was a bit surprised, but they had some good points.

1. Manning does not have a good playoff record.
    2. The Chiefs have had some time to fix the holes in their defense.
    3. Priest Holmes.
    4. If it does come down to special teams, the edge has to go to KC.
    5. Priest Holmes.

Can I change my vote?

20. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

Have you ever seen any team play well in KC? Let alone play well in KC in January against a very good Chiefs Team? I think people might be making a bit much of the Colts performence last week. This isn't in their cozy dome in Indy. This is on a cold grass field that's going to be loud as all hell come Sunday. The Chiefs will come to play. Indy might even struggle a bit.