Odom Keeps Lakers Hanging

Discussion in 'Los Angeles Lakers' started by Shapecity, Jul 29, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: Yahoo Sports

2. kobe23

kobe23 JBB JustBBall Member

College Undergrad
    daymn...

3. QuickShift

QuickShift Revenge Is Coming

Electrical Designer
    Pay the man and let us put this shit to rest. It's clear that Lamar wants to be a Laker. Make this work!

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Fuck that, don't pay him. Let him take the 3 and $25 million. We've compromised, time for him to compromise.

5. Lost One

Lost One ...

This whole ordeal is stupid. I side with Jerry Buss on this, the man knows what he's doing. He has been reasonable with his negotiations, although I do question why he doesn't just put the original offer back on the table. I'm pretty sure we all know LO would accept that offer now. I know Jerry has his reasons, but LO makes us a contender to the clear cut favorites to repeat. Let's face it, Kobe's time is ticking. When you have somebody like Kobe, you try to win as many championships as you can. Kobe already wasted 2-3 years of his prime, if I'm the owner, I do everything I can to make the team as good as possible. Kobe doesn't have that many years left, and you have to take advantage of what you have NOW. Kobes don't grow on trees. I want him to win another 3 championships before he retires, at least. And obviously having someone like LO, to go along with Drew-Pau-Ron Ron will make us favorites for years to come.

But then again I am not the owner, and I haven't won 9 championships and don't have hot chicks stroking my cock every night.

6. QuickShift

QuickShift Revenge Is Coming

Electrical Designer
    Obviously it's not my money so I say pay him. I really think Jerry should just bite the bullet on this one and put the original offer on the table. Like Lost said Lamar makes us a clear cut favorite. Without him were far less invincible. One of the Lakers strengths last year was when a guy like Bynum got into foul trouble, the Lakers could bring in Lamar and we would never miss a beat. A 6th man of his caliber and versatility is priceless IMO. But then agin, it's not my money.

7. Shapecity

I remember complaining about this last year when the Lakers signed Vujacic to that horrendous contract. I said it's going to end up costing us Ariza or Odom. I wasn't expecting it to cost us both.

8. Lost One

Lost One ...

I doubt money is the issue. Jerry already ponied up 3/30 and 4/36 (4th year not guaranteed). He just feels disrespected that LO basically ignored the offer when it was made. I am 100% positive that LO will be back if Jerry puts the offer back on the table. But I guess Jerry is just tired of bidding against himself.

His current offer to LO is more than he'll get in the open market anyways. Just the years are too short. I dunno what the issue is with giving him 1 more year.

9. Shapecity

Money is clearly the issue by both sides.

10. Lost One

Lost One ...

If money was the issue then why did Jerry offer 3/30. Seems like its more about the years than money.

11. Shapecity

I don't think it's about the years. Odom tried to use Miami to get the Lakers to offer him more money and they called his bluff.

12. Lost One

Lost One ...

That's LO's fault he screwed himself :ghoti:

Regardless, Lakers are offering him more money than anybody else, even with the reduced offer.

13. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

That makes no sense. Miami was offering a guaranteed 35 or w/e over 5 years. LA was offering a guaranteed 33 over a guaranteed 3 years. Possibly 36 over 4. Either way, LA was offering more money.