WHat if...

Discussion in 'NFL General' started by Philly_Freak93, Jan 8, 2004.

1. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

the NFC EAST already has the best coaches for any division. it could get the best qbs to

what if skins signed brunell and the cowboys signed bledsoe(assuming he gets released which i think is a 40% chance of) and bledsoe played for tuna in NE right?. i know they are older but still. a division of the best coaches, qbs, and defenses especially DBs. it be like the late 80s early 90s again, werer the SB champ came out of the east most of the years. i just hope philly takes 1 this time.

2. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

I think that Brunell will end up in Miami. Maybe the 'Skins will sign Jeff Garcia so he can help groom Ramsey for another year or two?

3. Steelerfan_2005

Steelerfan_2005 The Peacekeeper XL

I have a hard time seeing the Skins doing anything at QB. Ramsey is very capable and I think a new system will help that. They might actually need a better running back. They have some guys that fit Spurrier's system now, but I'm not sure Betts or Canidate will work in Gibbs' system. The Skins will improve immediately IMO.

4. TheBeef

TheBeef Commish of FUN!

It would be dumb for the Skins to change now, Ramsey is on the verge of breaking out and Gibbs will give him the protection he needs to excell....Bledsoe to Dallas makes a ton of sence though, and I think the Bills will release him, but who knows what the new coach will do....

5. Bearsfan1

Bearsfan1 2 Time Defending FF Champion

even in your scenario they would not have the best qb's. I think this is a better 4

1)Manning
    2)Mcnair
    3)Carr
    4)Leftwich

i realize the last 2 are works in progress but they show SOOO much potential, and the other 2 make up in top end talent(co-MVP)

6. gogobroncos

gogobroncos nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (BearsFan1)</div><div class='quotemain'>even in your scenario they would not have the best qb's. I think this is a better 4

1)Manning
    2)Mcnair
    3)Carr
    4)Leftwich

i realize the last 2 are works in progress but they show SOOO much potential, and the other 2 make up in top end talent(co-MVP)</div>

I couldn't have said it better, bearsfan1. I think the AFC South is going to be the best division in football next year. The Jaguars are going to be contenders next year, just wait and see.

As far as free-agency goes. I think Brunell could end up in Miami, but I'm more excited to see where Corey Dillon ends up. I have a good feeling that Dallas will make a strong push for him in the off-season. [​IMG]

7. Philly_Freak93

Philly_Freak93 The Oracle

mcnabb
    collins
    bledosoe
    ramsey

ok thats alot of talent, and 2 vets that are basically done but the giants might draft a QB since they are rebuilding now,ramsey has talent. i take back my original point about QBs, AFC south has the co-mvps and 2 good players

8. Pack Attack

Pack Attack The KISS Army

Favre
    Culpepper
    Harrington
    Grossman

I'm betting that's not too shabby a division, either.

9. vikingfan

vikingfan nfl-*****s member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (Pack Attack)</div><div class='quotemain'>Favre
    Culpepper
    Harrington
    Grossman

I'm betting that's not too shabby a division, either.</div>

I'd say that's half a good division. Harrington has a lot to prove after this season and Grossman is just too young (although he has a ton of potential). Favre and Culpepper should aways be mentioned in a conversation about the best QB in the league.

10. Steelerfan_2005

You mean to tell me that

Boller / Wright
    Palmer / Kitna
    Couch / Holcomb
    Maddox / Batch

aren't the premier Quarterbacks in the premier division in football?

[​IMG]

11. Bearsfan1

Sf i think that may be the worst division in football, in qb talent, and i expect that only 2 of those 8 start in the league next year

12. Steelerfan_2005

Probably 3 of them will. Not sure exactly which ones, but I would think Maddox, Palmer, & Boller will all be starters, if not Kitna somewhere else.

Yes, I was being sarcastic. The AFC North has become the worst division in football but it's close with the NFC North. Let's just say the North period. We're both horrible. I mean you can compare the teams....

Baltimore - Green Bay
    Cincinnati - Minnesota
    Pittsburgh - Chicago
    Cleveland - Detroit

I would say it's pretty close. Although I'd take Favre over Boller/Wright or Culpepper over Kitna/Palmer anyday.

13. Bearsfan1

good point