Hendo to Strikeforce: Could you see it?

Discussion in 'MMA - Mixed Martial Arts' started by Chocolove, Sep 18, 2009.

1. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

So with rumours that UFC's negotiations with Hendo being in the shitter because of title shot complications. You think that Strikeforce could come in and sweep him away?

The Nov 7th event is suppose to feature Mousasi and Strikeforce could presumably offer Hendo a shot at their 205 title. Mousasi would be a challenge for Hendo too, not Silva but a challenge nonetheless.

So, you think it could happen? On the other hand, you think it's worth it for Strikeforce to even try? is the risk too big for them that Hendo win's the title and then just walks away leaving Strikeforce without a rising star or a legend to market.

2. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

It's tough to say. Dana is hard headed so I think he'll take Hendo right back after he takes the title. However, if Strikeforce could work something out with him and possibly bring in more fighters, you never know.

3. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

Dan is a gatekeeper in the UFC but maybe a champ with Strikeforce. Even if he gets his rematch with Silva he's not winning it.

I think it is unlikely that he'll jump ship but stranger things have happened.

4. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Don't call Dan a gate keeper :[

I agree, it is very unlikely he beats Silva and if Dana isn't going to give Dan a shot to improve his position @ 205, then maybe Dan should go over to Strikeforce.

I won't lie, I'd like to see it. This bullshit that he has to fight Marquardt now is a joke. Bitchping was guaranteed a shot, but not Dan?

5. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

Personally I don't think it will happen either, I was bored at school so I thought I'd start a discussion. The way I see is that, Hendo doesn't really have a lot to gain by going to Strikeforce. Sure he could be fighting on CBS but does he really need that kind of exposure? I think of Hendo as the kind of fighter whose not looking to branch out into acting/related activities so he's probably doesn't care too much about exposure. He's probably gonna get paid more by the UFC too, unless Strikeforce wants to break their business model.

6. Master Shake

Master Shake young phoenix

If Hendo wants to prove a point, he should knock out Marquardt in the first round, look right at Dana and just mouth the word "Silva"

Last edited: Sep 18, 2009
  7. Chocolove

Chocolove Active Member

I dunno if Hendo wants to take that risk. Marquardt is legit and Hendo could lose to him.

8. ktrulez

ktrulez blessed era

i want to see hendo jump to strikeforce.. i also want strikeforce to do well, ufc needs competition -- it'll be a healthy thing!

9. DennisRodman

DennisRodman Suspended

Dan right now is one of the two title contenders.

Which is a status higher than gatekeeper.

If he loses to Anderson again, he'll be in the same situation as Rich Franklin, which I guess is an elite gatekeeper.