Gooden Talks Continue.

Discussion in 'Cleveland Cavaliers' started by Billups, Jul 22, 2006.

1. Billups

Billups BBW Member

The Morning Journal - It appears that Drew Gooden and the Cavaliers are no closer to a resolution, according to The Morning Journal, but the two sides are still talking. His agent, Calvin Andrews, spent the day with Gooden in Orlando on Thursday briefing him on negotiations. ''There's nothing going on,'' Andrews said. ''I spent the day with Drew. We're having dialogue. We talked to those guys (the Cavaliers), but there's nothing concrete.'' ''I think there's progress. I don't know which way -- signing him or possibly a sign-and-trade. I feel good about the talks that we're having.'' One thing more important than contract negotiations is going on with the Cavaliers. General manager Danny Ferry's wife, Tiffany, was supposedly going into labor with the couple's fifth child.

2. LeBronJamez

LeBronJamez BBW Member

Gooden is giving us a hard time in the off season... I don't even know what we should do with him.

3. theaftermath770

theaftermath770 BBW Banned

i want him to leave clevland he doesnt get enough shots he needs to go somewhere were he has a chance to be an allstar or he was not a good choice at the number 4 pick

4. CB4allstar

CB4allstar BBW Global Mod Team

An All star? How could he be an all star? He sucks offensively. He gets all his points off of dunks basically. The Cavs should just let him go, or do a sign + trade if he is not interested in joining the team again...

5. ballerman2112

ballerman2112 BBW Elite Member

<div class='quotetop'>QUOTE (CB4AllStar @ Jul 22 2006, 01:16 PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}></div><div class='quotemain'>An All star? How could he be an all star? He sucks offensively. He gets all his points off of dunks basically. The Cavs should just let him go, or do a sign + trade if he is not interested in joining the team again...</div>Let Drew Gooden go? hahahh...thats a joke. he isnt going to be an all-star but he has some value on the market. He is a pretty young, and agressive PF who can get some rebounds for you. He can do more that just dunk the basketball CB4. His offensive game isnt great but they would NEVER consider just dropping him, or even doing a sign and trade for nothing.

6. Rok

Rok BBW VIP

CB4, Cavs need to get something for him, if their going to let him simply walk they get nothing. But I agree, the kid seems to play himself off of teams. I think he thinks of himself too highly and wants more touches. Same thing happened with Grizz and Magic. Possibly with Cavs now.

7. LeBronJamez

LeBronJamez BBW Member

First of all, there is absolutely nothing wrong with Drew Gooden's offense. He is averaging 12.3 PPG throughout his whole career in 310 games played... Whats lacking is his defense, the Cavs are one of the teams in the NBA without a shotblocker on the 4 spot. I dislike his defensive intensity, it is absolutely horrible. Gooden is averaging below 1 block per game (0.7 BPG)... He is giving us a really hard time in the off season so I wouldn't be surprised if we let him go but some Cavs fans still want him back. Some feel he has the potential to become a great big man in the future since he is just 24 years old.

8. Drake24

Drake24 BBW Elite Member

I am not sure if I want Gooden. He is a good player. Low scoring double-double beast. But he isn't the brightest player out there. Which I think is part of the reason he was sidelined for most key parts of the games in the playoffs and at the end of the year. Who was in there in his place? Either Marshall or AV. Gooden wants to much money to sit on the bench in key parts of games. If he didn't want so much, I would want to take him. He is young and is getting better. I think he will be a very good player in the future (if he works on his basketball IQ). But I just don't know if I want our team spending that kinda money on him.

9. mavsfan1000

mavsfan1000 BBW Elite Member

The Cavaliers definitely need Gooden back. Otherwise they would have to start Marshall and Marshall is a defensive liability.

10. durgn22

durgn22 BBW Member

We definately need Drew back. He is good for a double double almost every night. IMO he is not really asking for a ton of money. He is not a superstar so therefore not getting superstar money, but looking at some around the league for a double double guy with nothing else, Goodens expectations are not that far fetched. There are a lot of players in the league making far more money and not putting up near the #'s Drew is. Also, Z's career is definately nearing the end. Cleveland needs to keep a piece of the puzzle and secure it for the future of Cleveland.