When he was being led to jail, McCroskey told reporters, "Jesus told me to do it."

Discussion in 'Blazers OT Forum' started by hasoos, Oct 6, 2009.

1. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

2. Idog1976

Idog1976 Well-Known Member

I look to the stars.
    Re: When he was being led to jail, McCroskey told reporters, "Jesus told me to do it.

I know you weren't being serious, but I think it's more like evil people like to hide behind Jesus, Yaweh and Allah while missing the point of the prophets all together. It's no better with Hindu's or even Buddhists (japanese subway attack). Godless Commies are no better. In the end people always try and hide behind an ideal or an organization to do evil, even more so when caught.

3. Fez Hammersticks

Fez Hammersticks スーパーバッド Zero Cool

Phone Psychic
    Re: When he was being led to jail, McCroskey told reporters, "Jesus told me to do it.

You know, it's all apart of God's master plan for each individual. He probably wanted another angel?

Well, he wanted 6 million more angels during the Holocaust apparently.

He's almighty and could stop anything yet he chooses not to sometimes.

But it's all for a reason, right?:lol:

4. BLAZER PROPHET

BLAZER PROPHET Well-Known Member

dental malpractice claims adjuster

Something like that, yeah.

5. BrianFromWA

BrianFromWA Editor in Chief Staff Member Editor in Chief

Look, when people say "Jesus told me to (X)", but it goes against what He tells us to do in the Bible, then it's generally not Christian doctrine. More like the lies/ramblings of a deluded person.

6. barfo

barfo triggered obsessive commie pinko Staff Member Global Moderator

How can we be sure? Ours is not to understand the ways of God. Perhaps He did tell that guy what to do, and no one can prove otherwise.

barfo

7. BrianFromWA

Good point. Fortunately enough, Peter tells us in 2 Peter 1:20 that:
    Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit.

If this clown DID think he heard Jesus (which imho is incorrect theologically--the post-ascension interaction of the Trinity with us is via the Spirit, not Jesus) telling him to kill someone, he's supposed to take it up with a spiritual elder, who can say "yeah, that meets with what the Bible says about killing preachers and their kids" or "uh, stay here in the office...I need to make a phone call to the police." It should be clear to others. BTW: this idiot couldn't even get his excuses straight. The biblical model for doing what he did is "the Devil made me do it", not Jesus.

God used/uses his prophets to instruct, teach, warn and minister to his people. I'm not sure that he ever used a prophet to kill someone.

8. barfo

But surely God can do things he's never done before?

Doesn't it seem like some of the stuff that happened in the bible, if you went to an elder with that at the time it happened, they'd say, you crazy, God has never turned anyone into a pillar of salt before, or God has never given anyone commandments on stone tablets before, or whatever.

barfo

9. BrianFromWA

But that was all God. God told Abraham to get the heck out of Dodge (or Sodom, actually) and did it Himself. He didn't tell Abraham to take this pre-fabbed nuclear saltmaker and drop it off in Downtown Sodom. He didn't tell Moses to go around and kill Egyptian kids. He told them to cover up and get out of the way. There are many references in the OT to God doing a major work involving death. Not really many for him telling people to murder others while He stood idly by.
    He DID tell Jonah to go to Nineveh, even though Jonah had no idea why and resisted. After some persuasion, Jonah grasped the idea that he was supposed to go warn the Ninevites, instruct them about God's vengeance and have them repent.

10. barfo

Perhaps after 2000 years, He's learned to delegate.

barfo

11. BrianFromWA

Well, after one day of rest in 7000 years, maybe He has. :devilwink:

12. hasoos

hasoos Well-Known Member

Yea but here is what is interesting. You will note, that all the time we see Christians who say that god told them to kill somebody. We have Muslim's who said god directed them to kill somebody. But you never, ever see people from other religions indicating that they got divine direction to kill somebody. Why is that?

13. barfo

Because their gods instruct them to keep their mouths shut about it?

barfo

14. Rodolfo

Rodolfo Double Stamp>Triple Stamp

Who are we to judge someone's personal relationship with Jesus? How dare we.