A-Rod - Comeback Player of the Year - Mentally

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by YankeesDaily, Oct 10, 2009.

1. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

It’s still too early to crown A-Rod, Mr. October Deux but he’s making a case for being a big time clutch hitter for the Yankees in the playoffs. I still want to see him do it against tougher teams than the Twins but so far so good.

Sure, I think A-Rod is a clown but I can care less about what he does off the field. What he was doing off the field just added to what he “wasn’t” doing on the field and that’s get big hits. I actually don’t care what any one does, I’ll report it anyway because I know people are interested in gossip.

A-Rod could be in a better place maybe because he’s dating a nice woman. Maybe he’s likes the idea that he doesn’t have to do it all by himself with Mark in the line up.

If A-Rod continues to hit this well in the post season and avoids the “slapping of the pitchers arms to get to first base like he did against Boston” then I will not be a hater anymore.

I feel that Alex has confidence now. You can see it in his eyes. He doesn’t try to do too much and he’s comfortable.

2. Kaydow

Kaydow Well-Known Member

Construction Sales
    Good for A-Roid. Big hit of Nathan last night. You're right - he's a clown. But if he continues to hit well in the clutch, we may have to change the way perceive him (as a player. As a Man - he's a tool) Just remember this. In 2004 A-roid hit .421 in the 1st round vs the Twins with a couple of clutch hits - I think he was series MVP. And in the first 4 games of the ALCS for Boston he was 7-18 with 2 homers. Then when the Yankees needed him most, he went 1-12 in the last 3 games and couldn't get the ball out of the infield. I'm still not ready to call him clutch yet.

3. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

You make some great points. I can't argue them.