NBA 2K10

Discussion in 'Off-Topic' started by Moo2K4, Oct 13, 2009.

1. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

Anyone else pick it up yet? I got it last week when it came out and haven't had too much time to play it, but I like it thus far. The game seems more difficult this year, as I'm somewhat struggling on the Pro difficulty, and last year I could blow teams out on HOF. It could be that I haven't adjusted sliders though too, which menas the computer can go on tangents of not missing, ever. Overall though, I have to say it's a very good entry in to the series thus far, and it feels like it plays better than last year.

Lastly, the My Player mode is interesting. I do have a couple gripes with it though. First, you start off just flat out pathetic. It's so hard to do anything sometimes because you're guy is about a 40 overall, and it takes a lotta work to improve. I've plugged probably 4 or 5 hrs in it so far and I'm still only at a 43 overall or so.

I also dislike some of the goals that you have to get. Firstly, drawing fouls. It's a pain in the ass with someone that's as horrible as your guy. Driving the lane is tough and it seems that a lotta times, they simply don't want to foul you. Also getting steals is a pain in the ass at that level too, unless you get lucky and get a tipped ball to you or something. Maybe it's just me, but I have a tendency to restart any game that has either of those 2 things as goals.

Overall though, like I said, it's a very good game. It's probalby the no worse than 2nd best sports game of the year (next to NHL 10 if anything), and it's something that I'm going to be spending a lot of my upcoming video game time playing.

2. speeds

speeds $2.50 highball, $1.50 beer Staff Member Administrator GFX Team

I played the demo. I haven't had a bball game since NBA 2k8 and this was the first one I've played since. The difference didn't seem obvious. I think they've done as much as they can with the sport for gaming. Seems like now it's only small, incremental upgrades like Madden.

Also, FIFA is a very good game that is overlooked. FIFA 09 was exceptional.

3. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    in my player mode can you draft your player into the team you use in the association mode?