Scouting the pitching match up - Andy vs. Joe

Discussion in 'MLB General' started by YankeesDaily, Oct 24, 2009.

1. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

Andy Pettitte: Andy Pettitte is 37. He was 14-8 with a 4.16 ERA during the regular season for the New York Yankees. Andy has faced the Angels in the series and gave up three earned runs in 6.1 innings of work for the no decision.

During the regular season, Andy has started three games against the Angels and was 0-2 with a 7.88 ERA. He had eight total walks and six strike outs.

He has tremendous movement on all his pitches especially his cutter that moves in on right-handed batters. His problem is that he consistently averages one hit per inning.

Joe Saunders: Joe Saunders is 28. He was 16-7 with a 4.60 ERA during the regular season for the Los Angeles Angels. Joe has faced the Yankees in the series and gave up two earned runs in seven innings of work for the no decision.

During the regular season, Joe has started two games against the Yankees and has a 4.72 ERA. He had two total walks and six strike outs.

He uses a solid fastball and change-up to keep hitters off balance, and challenges them. His problem is that his pitches become too predictable and gives up too many hits

Advantage: Even. You do know that both pitchers are going to pitch well but one team is going to get the breaks and one team is not.

2. Mamba

Mamba The King is Back Staff Member Global Moderator

Congratulations man!

Now go get them Phillies!

Me? I don't care who wins. I like Jeter and Rivera and a select few people on the Phils. At first I wanted the Phils, but I've got a shit load of family living in and from NY...so either way, IDC. I just want a good series.

3. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    Go Phils

4. YankeesDaily

YankeesDaily Member

The Yankees can't make the same mistakes they made against the Angels or they'll lose.