Jennings ROY Front-Runner

Discussion in 'Milwaukee Bucks' started by Shapecity, Nov 2, 2009.

1. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

Source: ESPN

2. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Jennings has always been talented enough to go straight to the NBA out of high school IMO. I viewed Jennings as the 3rd best player in the draft behind Blake Griffin & James Harden, so I was utterly confused how far he actually fell in the draft. But if this starts a "torrent" of youngsters going to Europe, wow. I could understand if its an absolute star ala King James or Dwight Howard, but not the usual top recruits like a Kyle Singler or Louis Williams. I would classify Brandon Jennings with the upper talent level like King James and Dwight, not quite that type of talent or once in a generation player but someone with star written all over them.

3. BasX

BasX I Win

Dans la ville avec cette chute d'eau énorme
    I guess Europe made him humble and if he wins ROY, do we call it a success even though he had little there?

4. Shapecity

Shapecity S2/JBB Teamster Staff Member Administrator

It's a success for Jennings and I think he'll be the blueprint for a lot of high school players to choose Europe over the NCAA. Jennings made over $1Million going over seas and learned some solid fundamentals and probably matured being in a foreign country versus had he gone to college.

5. J_Ray

J_Ray JBB JustBBall Member

Jennings pretty much went on a "Study Abroad" type adventure there. Only 2% of college graduates do that you know, who needs education? :dunno:

6. AKIRA

AKIRA GO LAKERS!!!

more things
    yeah he just dropped 55 on the warriors. i think he just won rookie of the year...

7. NBA Fanatic

NBA Fanatic Member

If he wasn't the front-runner before he certainly is now. Scoring 55 points in just his seventh NBA game is extremely impressive (I don't care if it was against the Golden State Warriors or the Sisters of Mercy) 55 points is a lot of points. He also dished for five assists and grabbed five rebounds as he led the Bucks to the victory by totally dominating the second half of the game.

8. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

He's the front-runner, absolutely. But that doesn't mean jack 7 games in to the season. Talk to me after the All Star break and then we can talk about ROY front-runners. Until then, he's simply off to a good start. Now I want to see him sustain it.

9. Lost One

Lost One ...

He's been very impressive. Jennings looks like a future superstar in the making, but I can't help but feel that he's going to hit the rookie wall. He's just been playing out of his mind.

10. Moo2K4

Moo2K4 NBA West Producer

How often have rookies not hit that wall? Rose did it last year, even LeBron, Wade and Melo struggled at points during their rookie season. The long season and big minutes he's playing will eventually catch up to him and he'll hit at least somewhat of a wall. By the time that happens though, it might not matter though. If he keeps this play up, he's going to be a shoe-in for ROY.